A Room with a ViewDixons Creek VIC 3775, Australia
About this listing
Our tiny house is a lovely studio space of 155 sqft. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning and heating. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surroundings. You are welcome to tour the farm area to visit the animals after the hosts have formally introduced you to the animals.
Other things to note
– No wifi.
– There will be farm fresh free range eggs provided from our farm along with locally baked bread. Condiments will also be provided along with cereal and home made muesli for an extra $15.00 per guest.
– Pets are allowed but please inform your host in advance if you are bringing one as we run a rescue farm here.
– All pets must be kept on a lead at all times.
– As the Fin Winery is next door to us, there could be a bit of noise of laughter, glasses clinking or bottling throughout the year. There could also be the sound of the occasional fork lift moving wine barrels around. You may also hear the sound of hot air balloons floating over head in spring and summer, which can make a great photograph for the early riser.
There are many places to explore in the Yarra Valley and they are all pretty much on our door step.
Our local recommendations:
1. Dixons Creek Cafe Bar and Grill – It is only 5 minutes up the road from your accommodation. It has a cosy fire for winter and air conditioning for the summer months plus the food is fabulous.
2. The Yarra Glen Hotel – It is our local pub, built in 1888 and is now a building listed by the National Trust. The offer great food and local wines and has a variety of beers on tap. They use some locally sourced produce in the creating of their menu.
3. Sebs Place Pizza Restaurant and Take Away – Great authentic pizzas made by a lovely Italian man!
1. Climb Mount Saint Leonard – This lovely mountain is visible from your tiny house. It is great for bush walking. You have to drive there as its located a few kilometres away.
2. Hot Air Balloon Ride – A chance to see the Yarra Valley from a bird's eye view and to create great memories.
3. Kinglake National Park
4. Toolangi State Forest
1. Local IGA Store – Nice, handy and local. A good assortment of vegan and vegetarian produce as well as many other products you find in the bigger supermarkets these days.
2. Yarra Glen Market – Every first Sunday of every month, except over the colder winter months. It's easy to find a local Farmers Market selling local produce too. Yering Station has one, so does Healesville and they are an easy car drive from here.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Long term stays allowed
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny house is 50 to 60 metres from the shed and about 80 metres from the winery next door.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: