Acres of AvocaAvoca NSW 2577, Australia
About this listing
Located in the Southern Highlands of NSW, this 5 acre property offers green pastures and breathtaking sunsets. Only 1.5 hours away from Sydney, the Highlands has so much to offer, from great food, cafes and restaurants, to lovely wineries and excellent nature.
We are just 15 minutes from quaint Robertson, Bowral and Sutton Forest and only 50 minutes to the beach!
You may find our free range chickens roaming around the paddock as well as our lovely Groodle.
Definitely a great spot to stop, unwind on your deck with a glass of local wine and enjoy the wild and windy Highlands.
The tiny house is located down the bottom of our garden paddock.
The tiny house offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette complete with air-conditioning and heating. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor, which can be converted to a single bed size. It can sleep 2 adults (in the loft) and 1 child (on the sofa bed) comfortably.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge.
The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximize space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia’s severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimizes odors.
If you’re using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house, straight down the driveway, past the garage.
Other things to note
– No wifi
– Farm fresh eggs supplied
– We have a large friendly Groodle (a hybrid breed of golden retriever and poodle) and chickens that roam the garden
– The ground can be a bit soggy when we have a lot of rain and it can be very windy in Avoca, but it’s very peaceful with beautiful sunsets
– Mobile phone reception is okay for Telstra and Optus
We are located just off the Illawarra Highway, 15 mins from Bowral and to Robertson, 30 mins to Kangaroo Valley and an hour to Nowra.
There are beautiful wineries dotted about the Highlands, plenty of excellent places to eat, some wildlife, cattle and other nocturnal creatures roaming around.
We have excellent markets on just about every weekend with fantastic organic and locally grown produce.
If you are feeling outdoorsy, there are walks and rivers to explore.
Our local recommendation:
1. Burrawang Pub – Has a spectacular lookout across the rolling green hills of Burrawang/Robertson. Experience old fashioned hospitality, a warm and friendly bar, and lots of outdoor eating area where the kids can run and play on the grass
2. Mount Ashby Estate – A beautiful rustic place to eat. There are geese roaming and fantastic bits and pieces to look at in the old farm house. Lovely meals, great atmosphere
3. Berrima Pub – A beautiful historic pub, with great food and a lovely atmosphere in summer and winter
4. Kangaroo Valley – Stunning scenery, beautiful river, great markets, and great place to browse the shops
5. Robertson Cheese – Fantastic cheese shop, great Knick knacks, delicious chocolate shop and excellent local produce for sale as well as coffee and cakes
6. Cecil Hoskins Reserve – Just off Argyle Street is the Bong Bong track, great for walking, bike riding, roller skating and just enjoying the river and wildlife
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Dishes and silverware
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- Hot water
- Long term stays allowed
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Smoking allowed
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: No
- Firewood provided free: No
- Firewood at extra cost
- Extra bag will be at $15/bag
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- We are 200m from the Illawarra Highway. The tiny house is just down the driveway at the bottom of the garden.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: