Bellingen HideawayBellingen NSW 2454, Australia
About this listing
All within an easy 1.3 kilometer distance to Bellingen town with all its great cafes, restaurants, and shops, it’s the perfect balance of being isolated but not too far away.
Facing east over Charlie Moodys Gully, you will have complete privacy while looking over the beautiful Bellingen forest. Enjoy an outdoor fire and reconnect with nature.
This will definitely feel like a home away from home.
Our tiny house is a lovely studio space of 155 sqft. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning and heating. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
The tiny house is located on a property with a residential home, so you are requested to enjoy the area set aside for the tiny house.
Other things to note
– The property aims to be as sustainable as possible. We have rain tanks and water filters
– The place is extremely quiet, though sometimes dirt bikes can be heard travelling through the fire trails
– Reception can be patchy depending on your carrier
– During Christmas to New Year holiday period, host's kids and family come up for the holidays. Although, they will not be anywhere near the tiny house, you may experience a bit of noise during this period
We are located in Bellingen. The property is only 1.3 kms from the town, so a 4 minute drive or 40 minute walk will get you to restaurants, great coffee and shops.
Bellingen is an artistic community, with many festivals and events. There are some easy treks near the property, or enjoy the many wonderful cafes and restaurants.
Our local recommendations:
1. Qudo – Set in a lovely old Federation house and with magnificent views across to the mountains, Qudo is a lovely restaurant with amazing Japanese inspired food. Settle in an enjoy the views and vibes
2. Heartfire Bakery – For all types of lovely bread, amazing pies and quiches, salads and sweets
3. Bellingen Brewing Company – Wonderful, easy going atmosphere, great drinks and wood fire pizza! Need we say more?
1. Bellingen Look Out – For the amazing view of the area
2. Dorrigo Waterfall Way – Firstly, because it is a beautiful drive, climbing up the mountain and seeing first hand why it is called Waterfall way. Stop by the National Park, do a few walks, check out Dangar Falls, and make sure to pop by Miss Wink, with its wonderful, unique and quirky homewares
3. Never Never Creek Promised Land – Never Never Creek is located in the Promised Land and it sounds like it’s from a fairy tale. The swimming hole and creek are located in the Bellingen area in a magical forest. The Tuckers Nob State Forest to be precise, magical forest just sounds better. There is a big swimming hole with a gravely bottom and a rope swing. There are many other waterholes along this creek so take your pick
1. Thorns Gourmet Meats & Smokehouse – Lovely local meet and delicious smoked goods
2. Bellingen Community Market – Every 3rd Saturday of the month; Over 600 stalls, great finds, music, food. People travel hundreds of kilometres to attend these markets
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Long term stays allowed
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: No
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny house is 10 meters from the main house but on a lower plane, so guests wont be seen or overlooked. There is a long driveway to the main road, about 800 meters, meaning once at the tiny house it will feel like you are in the middle of nowhere.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: