Bracken FernCarpendeit VIC 3260, Australia
About this listing
Bracken Fern is an off grid self-catered private retreat nestled in remnant bushland offering guests the opportunity to be immersed in nature and seclusion without compromising comfort.
Surrounded by Mana Gums and Blackwood trees, this ancient volcanic basalt rock landscape is home to a vast array of wildlife including koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, frogs, and bird life. Enjoy a walk around the 5km bush track for some wildlife spotting and sit out under the night sky enjoying local award winning wines and cheeses whilst listening to the bush orchestra.
Bracken Fern's central location provides many options for day trips and award winning dining with something for everyone. Explore links below to plan your perfect nature escape.
Bracken Fern is situated amongst 5 acres of towering Mana Gums and Blackwood trees in our off grid neighbourhood. It is fenced off and private from our main house. Experience living off the grid and truly disconnect here.
Our tiny house is eco-friendly and solar powered. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a small indoor pot bellied stove / fireplace. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a couch on the ground floor. It sleeps 2 persons comfortably.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A 2 hob gas cooktop, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware and even a portable electric cooler fridge.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a water less eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimizes odors. If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Do note that because the tiny house is solar powered, during winters or on days with low
light conditions, limited power is generated. It will be best to conserve power as much as possible to avoid running out of power at night. You can bring portable power banks to charge your hand phone etc.
Guests will have access to the tiny house and the immediate land surrounding the tiny house, including the fire pit with outdoor seating. Please note that use of outdoor fire pit will be allowed in fire permitted seasons only.
Wildlife guest can be seen on the property or on 5km bushwalk track through the neighbourhood such as wallabies, kangaroos, koala, parrots, cockatoo, kookaburra, magpies as well as a vast variety of bird life. If you're lucky, you can also spot echidna, frogs, snakes, lizards, possums, bats and wedge tail eagles.
For guests who are looking for an artistic retreat, you will have the opportunity to book private campfire music sessions or craft sessions including basket weaving with natural fibre hosted in our round house studio.
Other things to note
We offer guided farm tours with animal feeding for $20 with geese, guinea fowl, chickens, ducks, dog, sheep and mini goats. On these tours, we will discuss the history of the land including indigenous history, the rock wall built in 1870, edible weeds, bush tucker and our domestic animals roles in maintaining the landscape and assistance in our permaculture garden.
Throughout the year, we host parlour gig music events that guests can attend and these events are marketed on our social media.
Fire wood is provided for free for use in campfire throughout the fire permitted periods.
Our local recommendations:
– The nearby lake Purrumbete is a prime destination for anglers chasing Chinook Salmon and Rainbow Trout.
– For a wholesome home-cooked meal, head to the Lakes Edge Cafe. Enjoy meals served with fresh local ingredients in a quaint setting – a refurbished church with expansive deck which over-looks the lake.
– If you'd want some farm to table goodness, head over to Yield Restaurant.
– Set on a hillside in Birregurra, Victoria, Brae is a restaurant and working organic farm – a place to be immersed in nature and eat from the land.
– Camperdown is an agricultural centre located on the world's third largest volcanic plain and surrounded by large salt and fresh water lakes, between Colac and Terang.
– Check Otway Harvest Trail to see a bunch of other shops : https://www.otwayharvesttrail.org.au/
– For other places to visit, you may check out these links:
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 137 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Dishes and silverware
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hot water
- Long term stays allowed
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: No
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- Activities and potential wildlife
- Wildlife guests can expect to see on the property or on 5km bushwalk track through the neighbourhood include wallaby's, kangaroos, koala, parrots, cockatoo, kookaburra, magpies as well as a vast variety of bird life. If your lucky echidna, frogs, snakes, lizards, possums, bats and wedge tail eagles. We offer guided farm tours with animal feeding for $20 wth geese, guinea fowl, chickens, ducks, dog, sheep and mini goats. On these tours we will discuss the history of the land including indigenous history, the rock wall built in 1870, edible weeds, bush tucker and our domestic animals roles in maintaining the landscape and assistance in our permaculture garden. We conduct creative arts, lifestyle workshops and live music sessions too. Please book with us in advance if you're interested! Check out our Instagram : @creative_vibe_tribe
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- The tiny house is about 100m away from the main house, fenced up in its own area.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: