Buffalo 3958Buffalo VIC 3958, Australia
About this listing
It is also for those who want to take in the sights and sounds of the country life and just relax and enjoy for what nature has to offer – put your feet up and just relax if you choose. There are so many options for whatever you choose to do. This area caters to all your required needs – just no hustle and bustle of city life.
Welcome to country living!
The tiny house offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette complete with air-conditioning and heating. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor, which can be converted to a single bed size. It can sleep 2 adults (in the loft) and 1 child (on the sofa bed) comfortably.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximize space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a water less eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a water less system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week.. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimizes odors.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surroundings including dual access driveway, parking allocated to the tiny house, and the outdoor shower. Guests are not allowed to wander around the host's private residence.
Other things to note
– No smoking in the house
– When entering or leaving the property, check that you have shut the gates
– Small house trained dogs only are allowed, preferably house trained. Pets must be kept on a lead at all times when walking around the property
– Horse stay is at $25 per horse per night. There is a fully fenced paddock with dam and water troughs available. Horse owner is to check paddock and fencing and take full responsibility for any damage caused by their horse or any property and excludes the property owner from any claims or damage to themselves or horse whilst using the paddock
– Kindly advise if you are bringing a horse
– You may use the log outside as bike stand if you are bringing your bike
We are located in a quiet rural neighborhood, You will feel the country vibe and hear sounds of bird life and farm animals around. You will also see the rolling green hills, Eucalyptus, and native wildlife.
Where to eat:
Ride to Fish creek for a delicious breakfast and great coffee. For lunch, you may go to Long John Pickles which is our favorite. They only use fresh local produce and homemade chutneys and condiments. Fresh produce and condiments are also available for purchase.
Moo’s in Meeniyan is another great café which offer great coffee, food and service.
Bread & Pickle in Meeniyan has award winning pies – try their Lamb and Rosemary.
Pandesal Café/Bakery sells delicious breads and selection of cakes along with great service and great coffee.
Trulli’s make mouth-watering pizza and can also cater for gluten free and dairy free.
Gusto Gelato in Meeniyan makes yummy gelatos and dessert treats.
What to do:
Wilsons Prom is on the doorstep so take full advantage of the hiking, beaches, kayaking, and cruise around the prom on a 2-hour boat cruise that takes off from the beach at Norman Bay in Tidal River. We highly recommend this! Whatever it is you are looking for in nature, the Prom has it all!
Feel like a country drive to a Gurneys Cidery and try a paddleboard selection of delicious ciders whilst enjoying a tasting board of locally made cheese, crackers, and condiments. They also cater for gluten free and vegans. What’s more is that they also have amazing views, relaxed vibe, amazing hospitality, and amazing service too!
There are plenty of wineries around if wine is your thing. You may discover on your travels farm gate selling fresh local produce so be on the lookout for them.
Where to shop:
For your basic groceries, IGA in Meeniyan is the go to local store. You may also go to The General Store in Fish Creek which is also a pharmacy.
The local markets are also fabulous places to explore for local fresh produce and great community vibe.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: No
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- Activities and potential wildlife
- There is an external hot/cold shower, vegetable garden, paddock, Eucalyptus area, and dam to catch yabbies. You might hear some birds and koalas around the property.
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- It is private and quiet. Tiny house is situated about 200 meters from the main house.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By:
We’ve done a few tiny houses and this is our favourite so far. The attention to detail makes this tiny house so warn and homely. Kerri is a wonderful host and very responsive and helpful. Plenty of wildlife to be seen around the property. A great home base to explore the region and all the amazing food, cider, scenery, good times. Many thanks
Warrick and Kerrie’s place was a delight to stay at over the Easter break. The photos do not do this place justice! We were the first guests to this lovely little abode and we can’t recommend it enough. The place was beautifully situated, clean and relaxing. We had toasted marshmallows in the fire pit and enjoyed a steak on the barbecue. Thank you for the beautiful stay. We will be back!