Dandelion Retreat FeaturedLochiel SA 5510, Australia
About this listing
The region is also rich in its history—wherein in 1972, a local man and his friends created a sculpture of rubber tyres and plastic in the shallows of Lake Bumbunga. They named it "Loch Eel," a play on the Loch Ness Monster and one of the most popular tourist attractions found in South Australia.
Dandelion Retreat is located in the quiet countryside near Lochiel, South Australia, inspired by modern rustic backcountry houses with easy access to water, split air conditioning, a kitchenette, cooking equipment, and excellent bathroom facilities.
The bathroom follows environmentally friendly principles by installing a waterless compost toilet, sink, and shower. It focuses on satisfying people's needs with natural resources and processes to save water through using eco-friendly toilets to save the environment.
If you plan to bring your soap, shampoo, or toothpaste, we ask that you bring biodegradable products to ensure that greywater runoffs flow easily and do not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guest will have access to the tiny house and the surrounding areas.
Other things to note
– Quiet hours 10 pm-7 am
– No unregistered guests or visitors are allowed
– We offer full self-catering of tea, coffee, and cooking utensils
– If you plan to bring your pet, please make arrangements with the land host 24 hours before arrival
– Any damage done by pets shall be payable by the guests
– Pets are not allowed on beds and sofas, and clean after pet faeces
– Pets need to be kept on leash at all times as livestock is present on the property
– Please do not enter animal paddocks or yards without the land host's permission
– No smoking inside, except in specific places such as the covered carport and gravel driveway
– Make sure to turn off the lights, air conditioning, and electronics, close windows, and lock doors when leaving the house
– Since the property is in the countryside, you may encounter insects throughout your stay.
– Don't throw your sanitary products or toiletries into the toilet
– Always keep the house clean and tidy when leaving the house
– Report any accidental breakages or missing items on the property
– The property is located in the back of the Lochiel block, where the main road is 50-100 meters away
– Please look both ways before crossing the road, as it is the main road where heavy trucks often drive at 80 km/hr.
– If you go out to the lake, please note the salt crust lies atop a mud base which can be slippery and deep in places. For your safety, please bring waterproof shoes/boots
– Please take note that outdoor fire pits are not available during fire season (15 November to 30 April)
– Dropping cigarette butts on dry grass can start a fire and lead to bushfires. Please put out your cigarettes properly.
Dandelion Retreat is near a small town in Lochiel with a population of 113 people, located at 125 km north of Adelaide—located directly beside the western edge of Lake Bumbunga.
Our local recommendation:
– BBQ Facility is located behind the Lochiel Hall off Roberts St, where you can cook your own BBQ meal.
If you're looking for upmarket lunch and dinner options, we suggest a 35-minute (45km) drive to wineries and food regions around Clare, where there are many options for you to choose.
– 35-minute (45km) drive to the wonderful food and wine region of Clare Valley
– 40-minute (54km) drive to the wonderful coastal scenery of Wallaroo and Moonta Bay
– Private charter – an 8-seater Mercedes Benz can be arranged for $795 (8 hrs)
The photos that can be taken around the pink lake are early in the morning and at sunset. Create your own unique sensational image or just relax with a book and listen to music.
– Snowtown is a 13-minute (19km) drive north to IGA supermarket. Opening hours are from 8:30am-5:30pm on weekdays, 9:00am-1:00pm on Saturdays, and 11:00am-1:00pm on Sundays.
– Port Wakefield is a 20-minute (32km) drive south to local bakeries and petrol stations, which also have basic supplies.
– Kadina is a 33-minute (46km) drive west to the largest town in the area with a variety of food outlets and supermarkets.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 3:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$80
- Air conditioning
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Lake access
- Long term stays allowed
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: No
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: No
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- There is another accommodation being rented out in the property and is about 60-70 meters away.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Full refund if cancellations are made at least 14 days before the check-in date.
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: