Foxglove Cottage1 Lees Rd, Robertson NSW 2577
About this listing
Our 20-acre property is located less than two-hour drive from Sydney and is situated 627m above sea level. Being at this altitude level, the weather is on average 5 degrees cooler in summer and winter than that of Sydney. We can experience 4 seasons in one day so always bring winter woollies and a raincoat. Looking up at the sky at night gives you the WOW factor. You will see stars that you never knew even existed with our clear environment.
We are surrounded by National Parks with spectacular lookouts and waterfalls. A 15-min walk through the back of our property, through our own rainforest, takes you to the edge of the escarpment to our very own private lookout overlooking the Illawarra district. A 1.2km walk or bicycle ride up our quiet road surrounded by cattle farms brings you to spectacular Lees Rd Lookout where you can see the coastline from The Royal National Park (Sydney) all the way down to Shellharbour where spectacular sunrises are assured.
We are only 25-minute drive to the wonderful beaches of the south coast which are unspoilt and uncrowded and offer free parking!
Foxglove Cottage is located on the banks of Missingham Creek which winds its way through our property. There are ample swimming holes to enjoy the crystal clear water but “please don’t pee in our pool” because it’s Sydney’s drink water!
We have three horses which roam our property in fenced paddocks. Whilst visitors stay, the horses will be kept out of the way. Horse riding for young children can be arranged (at optional expense, $20/30 min) on our 20m x 60m fenced sand riding arena.
The tiny house offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette complete with air-conditioning and heating. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor, which can be converted to a single bed size. It can sleep 2 adults (in the loft) and 1 child (on the sofa bed) comfortably.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guests are free to roam around our paddocks. Guests are only allowed to approach our horses with hosts permission and supervision
Other things to note
– We are surrounded by cow farms so you may hear the occasional cow moo, better than a car honk, we say. As we live in such a diverse eco system, you may hear the sound of frogs along the creek bed
– We have 3 horses and 2 friendly border collie dogs
– Languages spoken are English and German
– As we are located 627m above sea level and Robertson is regarded as the 'Green Heart of the Highlands' for a reason, we can get 4 seasons in 1 day, so adequate clothing is highly recommended
– Good mobile reception for Telstra and Optus
Where to eat:
– Pizza's in the Mist – very popular restaurant, friendly staff and great menu
– The Cheese Factory – great café, ice cream & dairy
– Moonacres Cafe – local produce used in menu, great food
Where to go
– Carrington Falls & Blue Pool Swimming Hole – spectacular waterfall, scenery, swimming and bushwalking
– The Big Potato – located in the heart of Robertson township which is great for photo opportunity
– Belmore Falls – spectacular views of twin falls and bushwalking
– Robertson Hotel – once considered as the most luxurious hotel in the Commonwealth, established in 1924
– HARS Aviation Museum, Albion Park
– Kiama Blowhole
– Fitzroy Falls – for stunning waterfall and scenery
– Bowral Township – the most sophisticated of all the towns and villages in the Highlands and home to an exciting mix of eateries, wineries, boutique shops, country markets and events. For cricket fans, the must see is the amazing Bradman Centre
– Other local townships worthy of a visit are Mittagong, Moss Vale and historical Berrima which is regarded as the best preserved Georgian village on the Australian mainland. There are approximately 21 wineries scattered throughout our Southern Highlands region
Where to shop
– Independent Grocer
– Robertson Country Markets – local farmers market held every second Sunday of the month
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny house is 140m from residence and 200m from roadway. Tiny house is located between creek and stable complex.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: