Funky TinyMirboo North VIC 3871, Australia
About this listing
The farm is located on 70 acres of pasture and forest. Lovely long walks around our farm. Watch the feeding of the alpacas or help collect the eggs if you like. We have bees for our own honey, we bottle fruit from our fruit trees – apples, pears, peaches, plums. Cherries, blackberries, blueberries, walnuts and Nashis when in season.
Our alpacas birth their crias from mid November to the end of January so you are bound to see some young ones running around. Shearing is in the month of November, message to inquire about specific dates for shearing if you’d like to observe.
Why not spend some of your time all going on an alpaca walk. If you would like to do this, you can book an alpaca experience through our website. Our walks are at 9.30am every day or 2pm sat and sun only. Please let us know so that we can factor the time in with our farm chores.
Our tiny house is a lovely studio space of 155 sqft. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning and heating. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surroundings.
There are certain parts of our farm that are off limits but these change during the year. Guests will be made aware of this when you check in.
Other things to note
– You can book an alpaca experience. Our walks are at 9:30am every day or 2pm Sat and Sun only. Please let us know so that we can factor the time in with our farm chores
– There is a bus service to Leongatha. Our land host can collect you from there and return you to Leongatha when your stay is finished. This would cost an additional $100 and can fit in 2 passengers comfortably
– We are sorry but drones or any form of remote controlled equipment is not permitted on our farm
– We encourage our guests to join us in our alpaca duties, not to help, but to see and participate in the running of our farm
– We provide firewood and a starter kit for $20 for people wishing to use a firepit for outside
Mirboo North sits at the top of the rolling green hills of South Gippsland. The town is easily accessible by car, whether you are driving out of Melbourne (less than 2 hours) or coming from East Gippsland (just over an hour’s drive from Sale or Yarram).
Our local recommendation:
1. Jimmy Jambs Cafe – Friendly, family-owned business offering big breakfasts, home cooked meals, coffee and cakes
2. Red Door Estate – A boutique winery set in the beautiful Strezleki ranges, offering wine tasting and delicious wood fired pizzas catered by prior booking
3. Renzo's on the Ridge – Fresh fish and chips, burgers and pizza, take-away or dine in for lunch and dinner.
4. Cafe Escargot – Mediterranean family restaurant and glamour green house dining, offering delectable escargot dishes plus a full menu, licensed, open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and functions. Bookings essential
5. Grand Ridge Brewery – Victoria's oldest independent brewery, bistro open for lunch and dinner
1. Historical Walk – Experience Mirboo North's history for yourself with a self-guided walk through town.
2. Lyrebird Forest Walk – A peaceful 5km trail that follows the Little Morwell River through native forest in the Strzelecki Ranges.
3. Mossvale Park – Beautiful Mossvale Park is between Leongatha and Mirboo North, and has magnificent elm and oak trees that provide shade in the summer and are particularly spectacular in autumn. It's a popular spot for picnics and annual concerts are held there during summer with local and visiting artists appearing in the sound shell
4. Grand Ridge Rail Trail – Located at the corner of Strzelecki Highway and Couper Street, Mirboo North. A 13 kilometre rail trail through towering forest and farmland connecting Mirboo North and Boolarra, via the route of the former Mirboo North railway line
5. The Old Mill Site in Boolarra – The Old Mill Site is a reserve adjacent to the State Forest with more than 5 kilometres of walks that are suitable for a range of fitness levels, including wheelchair friendly trails
1. Fruits of Strathmore – Producers of a range of artisanal, small batch farm-made chutneys, relishes, cordials, sauces, jams, marmalades, jellies and pastes using home-grown or locally supplied ingredients. No artificial anything!
2. IGA Mirboo North – Full-service supermarket, open 7 days a week. Full grocery line and delicatessen as well as a liquor store
3. Cottage Garden Threads – Hand dyed, variegated embroidery threads bringing together kindred stitchers through soulful products, projects and community
4. I Love Farms – The cutest little farm gate, sharing local produce with the community and beyond
5. Mirboo North Community Op Shop – A vibrant op shop stocking a large range of recycled clothing, crockery, homewares, toys and ornaments – all profits returned to local community groups
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- Hot water
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Wireless Internet
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: No
- Firewood at extra cost
- We provide firewood and a starter kit for $20 for people wishing to use a firepit for outside
- How isolated is the tiny house?
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Full refund if cancellations are made at least 14 days before the check-in date.
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By:
Myself and my partner stayed one night at Funky Tiny and had a wonderful experience! Brigitte and Keith were kind and welcoming, and made sure we were comfortable and well looked after during our stay. We loved meeting the alpacas, geese, and chickens. The Tiny House was comfortable and had everything we needed, and the view from the deck was sublime. We also loved visiting the Mirboo North Brewery and Pub for dinner. Highly recommend this for a country getaway!