Gums n RosesMacclesfield SA 5153, Australia
About this listing
So, why wait when you can have this piece of paradise today!
Gums n Roses is the perfect farm stay for vacationers with a queen-sized bed up in the loft and a couch on the ground floor. It has easy access to water, split air conditioning, a kitchenette, cooking equipment, and excellent bathroom facilities.
The bathroom, however, follows ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin, and shower (gas heated for hot showers). It focuses on satisfying people's needs with natural resources and processes to save water through using eco-friendly toilets to save the environment.
If you plan to spend your weekend getaways here, we advise that you bring your basic necessities such as food and water during your stay with us. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surrounding areas, except the land host's private residence and fenced garden.
Other things to note
– Quiet hours 10 pm-7 am
– Mobile reception is good for Optus and Telstra
– No smoking inside, except in designated areas
– No unregistered guests or visitors are allowed
– Compost bin is available for guests to dispose of their trash
– Please advised that we have livestock (and noise) on our property
– Don't forget to close windows, and lock doors when leaving the tiny house
– Make sure to turn off the lights, air conditioning, and electronics (e.g., especially chargers)
– Pets are only limited to one dog or cat
– Any damage done by pets shall be payable by the guests
– Pets are not allowed on beds and sofas, and clean after pet faeces
– Pets are recommended to be kept on leash as livestock is present on the property
– Please take note to inform your land host 24 hrs before arrival if you plan to bring your pets to our property
Visiting horses' accommodation or boarding is available for:
– $25 for indoor stables
– $15 per night in electrified yards
– $20 per night in the yard with shelter
– Picnic via donkey-drawn cart at local scenic spots is available for an extra cost of $250 per couple
– Horse riding using our horses is $100 per lesson. For guests who brought their horses for lessons, the cost is $85.
– If you plan to bring your horse, please inform the land host in advance so that horse boarding can be arranged ahead of time.
In addition, we provide agistment for up to eight horses and ponies in addition to our own two horses and two donkeys. Keep in mind that we have horse owners visiting their horses occasionally and riders taking lessons once or twice per week.
– Guests are advised to follow the safety guidelines discussed with the land host
– Please do not enter animal paddocks or yards without the land host's permission
– Keep in mind that BBQ grills and outdoor fire pits are not available during the fire season
– Dropping cigarette butts on dry grass can start a bushfire. Please put out your cigarettes properly
– Due to the property’s rural location, you may encounter inconveniences such as insects during your stay
– Please expect occasional noise from farm animals and machinery as the property is a working farm stay accommodation
– Please advise that there will be other guests on the property—two tiny houses are located in another paddock on the same property. If you want to book in groups, you can contact the land host ahead of time to make arrangements.
Gums n Roses sits in rural Macclesfield approximately 35kms from the capital Adelaide but you can explore restaurants, cafes, shops, and exciting attractions without ever leaving the Adelaide Hills!
Our local recommendations:
– Three Brothers Arms in Macclesfield is an excellent traditional pub with live music every weekend.
– Sazon Espresso in Mt Barker is a cafe that offers great food, coffee, and excellent service.
– Macclesfield Hotel is a friendly historical pub complete with resident ghost. Good value country meals.
– Victoria Hotel Bistro in Strathalbyn is a highly recommended country pub that offers mouth-watering meals, drinks, and desserts.
– Pik A Pie Bakery in Meadows is an excellent bakery that offers the best selection of pies, pastries, and sausage rolls in the region.
– The Junction Studio/Gallery in Strathalbyn is a solo artist gallery that features Valerie Redding’s vibrant watercolour paintings.
– Longview Vineyard Cellar Door in Macclesfield is an award-winning winery that produces a wide selection of premium wines in the region.
– Hahndorf is an old German settlement with crafts, cafes and restaurants and art galleries
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Air conditioning
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- Activities and potential wildlife
- - Picnic via donkey-drawn cart at local scenic spots is available for an extra cost of $250 per couple - Horse riding using my horses is $100 per lesson. If guests bring their own horses for lessons the cost is $85. - Visiting horses' accommodation or boarding is available to guests for an extra cost of $15 per night in electrified yards, $20 per night in yard with shelter, and $25 for indoor stables - We provide agistment for up to eight horses and ponies in addition to our own two horses and two donkeys. Keep in mind that we have horse owners visiting their horses occasionally and riders taking lessons.
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny house is 100 metres away from the main house and road and 50 metres away from our working shed.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Full refund if cancellations are made at least 14 days before the check-in date.
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: