Gums n RosesMacclesfield SA 5153, Australia
About this listing
We offer horse riding lessons, clicker training for horses lessons, as well as picnics with the donkeys! There are several picnic venues within walking distance where the donkey can carry the picnic lunch and any other items in panniers or donkey can pull a small carriage for two guests to ride in and carry the picnic items in the carriage.
The tiny house is located behind a drop of about 4 feet providing you your much needed privacy and shelter. On the side of the drop will be a landscaped steps leading down from the car park to the tiny house. Be mesmerised with views of open paddocks with horses and kangaroos. For that extra space to chill, a large gum tree nearby provides shade for a picnic table.
Our tiny house is a lovely studio space of 155 sqft. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning and heating. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surroundings. The main house and fenced garden would be private but guests will have access to the rest of the property.
Other things to note
– This is a working farm, Please expect occasional noise from farm machinery on property and neighbouring properties
– We provide agistment for up to four horses in addition to our own two horses and two donkeys. Horse owners and riders having lessons will occasionally be present, roughly once or twice every couple of days for an hour or two
– We offer horse riding lessons or clicker training lessons at $100 per lesson. You may bring your own horse (accommodation for horses is available) at $75
– Accommodation for visiting horses in electrified yards is at $15 per night , yard with shelter is at $20 per night, and for indoor stables at $24 per night
– Donkey picnic is at $250 including lunch for two people
– Compost bin available
– Pets are allowed but must be on lead at all times. Kindly inform your land host if you are planning to bring your pet
– Good mobile reception for Optus and Telstra
Macclesfield is an urban Location area within the local government area of Mount Barker in South Australia. It is located approximately 35kms from the capital Adelaide.
Our local recommendations:
1. Three Brothers Arms – Excellent traditional pub in Adelaide Hills
2. Macclesfield Hotel – Great pizza in the garden
3. Puddings on the Deck – Best high tea
4. Victoria Hotel Bistro – Fine dining in a country pub
5. Pik A Pie Bakery – Excellent range of pies, pastries and sausage rolls
6. Sazon Espresso – Great food and great coffee
1. Longview Vineyard Cellar Door – Enjoy award winning wines in a truly handmade Cellar Door environment. All whilst soaking in the gorgeous surroundings of the Adelaide Hills Wine Region
2. Karrawatta Wines – A new cellar door housed in a converted dairy, nestled in our Adelaide Hills vineyard between old vines and classic Australian bush
3. Glenbarr Homestead – A beautiful 1870 refurbished barn, Glenbarr homestead is now more of a museum, but one that you interact with
4. The Spirit of the Stag – Deer Farm Tours by Hahndorf Venison – A 4WD loop takes in the deer farm. You’ll see six species of deer and antelope going about their daily business, a highlight being up close and personal with the majestic elk
5. The Junction Studio/Gallery – The Junction Studio/Gallery is a solo artist Gallery featuring local artist Valerie Redding. Vibrant watercolours capture people as they enter the gallery evoking heartfelt, warm memories of personal life experiences. The paintings depict ‘people on the go and in motion’ and have been inspired by my travels near and far.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Air conditioning
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny house is 100 metres away from the main house and road and 50 metres away from our working shed.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Full refund if cancellations are made at least 14 days before the check-in date.
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: