HilaryGrassmere VIC 3281, Australia
About this listing
This property overlooks a stunning rural valley and undulating hills. Edging on to untouched natural bushland, this 40-acre property is home to many native and domesticated animals.
Other local attractions include the alluring Merri River walks and park, historic Koroit, Tower Hill wildlife reserve, and Port Fairy (known as the world's most livable town).
Situated as a bridge between The Great Ocean Road and The Grampians, this rustic yet elegant tiny house in Woodford provides the perfect opportunity to wind down after a big day of exploration, or simply as a getaway for some down time or rest and relaxation.
Finish the day with full panoramic views of spectacular sunsets and in the cooler months enjoy an outside campfire or a cozy inside wood heater.
Experience living off the grid and truly disconnect here. Our tiny house is eco-friendly and solar powered. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a small indoor pot bellied stove / fireplace. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a couch on the ground floor. It sleeps 2 persons comfortably.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A 2 hob gas cook top, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware and even a portable electric cooler fridge.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a water less eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week.. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Do note that because the tiny house is solar powered, during winters or on days with low light conditions, limited power is generated. It will be best to conserve power as much as possible to avoid running out of power at night. You can bring portable power banks to charge your hand phone etc.
Guests will have access to the tiny house area.
If you are interested in seeing a sustainable, no dig, no water, woodchip vegetable garden, and the hosts are available, they would be happy to give you a tour. We are also happy to show you our animals such as ponies, sheep, pigs. chickens that we have in the property.
Other things to note
– There are cattle, pigs, horses, sheep dogs, chickens, and other domestic animals on the property but all separated and contained by fences
– Recycling and composting available
– Good mobile reception depending on weather condition especially for Telsta and Optus
– We offer garden and farm tours (not available from May-October)
– We are situated in the countryside and you may encounter insects such as spiders throughout your stay as these are part of the natural ecosystem of the bush
We are just a short drive to picturesque Woodford and the beautiful Merri River where you can enjoy river walks, nature park, playground, tennis court and swimming hole.
About 10-minute drive, you can go to Warrnambool shops and restaurants and just 15-minute drive to beautiful surfing beach and rolling sand dunes and rock pools. Warrnambool boasts deep blue mineral springs and whale watching opportunities. This is a popular tourist destination and a great place to explore between Great Ocean Road and The Grampians.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hot water
- Indoor fireplace
- Long term stays allowed
- Smoke detector
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: No
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny house is 250 meters away from the main house. Main house is 300 meters from our quiet country road.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: