Hilltop Tiny HouseTallarook, VIC 3659
About this listing
Our tiny house is placed on one of the seven magnificent hills, home to a pair of beautiful eagles, only 1 hour drive from Melbourne. Relax and enjoy your stay with the most stunning vista overlooking undulating hills.
We are a working farm and we run several BnB rental for guests so please be considerate to others and keep your noise levels down after 10pm. You will potentially meet other guests while on the property.
Our homestead is about 15m from this tiny house and you can see it behind the house in the first photo. The other tiny house is in a separate paddock next to this house. Perfect to book both houses if you're 2 couples travelling together. https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/27761718
Experience living off the grid and truly disconnect here. Our tiny house is eco-friendly and solar powered. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a small indoor pot bellied stove / fireplace. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a couch on the ground floor. It sleeps 2 persons comfortably.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A 2 hob gas cooktop, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware and even a portable electric cooler fridge.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours. If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Do note that because the tiny house is solar powered, during winters or on days with low light conditions, limited power is generated. It will be best to conserve power as much as possible to avoid running out of power at night. You can bring portable power banks to charge your handphone etc.
Guests will have the opportunity to see how farm animals are raised. The farm has more over 1500 goats, pet chickens, turkeys, pigs, and sheep. In addition, the farm's rivers and dams hold yabbies and fish. At night it turns into a nocturnal wildlife park.
There's plenty to do at the farm for our guests looking for that "farm stay" visit, especially for our younger guests, such as our chickens and pet pigs and collecting freshly laid eggs in the morning. Collecting of eggs are at extra costs. This helps support our farm and keep us running.
During the winter months, our guests tend to enjoy joining us for cutting wood, burning off and then joining us for a camp fire and a beer at the end of the day.
We have two kilometres of Sunday Creek to enjoy – walk, fish or yabbie we have rods and yabbie nets available if needed. We have ten kilometres of roads on the property which showcase incredible views looking over the Tallarook State Forrest and Mount Piper.
Other things to note
– We can take you 4WD and organise a skeet shoot these come at additional charges [Please note that this activity is not available in summer].
– We have a PA system available for our guest to rent out at an additional charge.
– Guests can collect fresh eggs from the farm's chicken coup at $5 for 6 eggs.
– Roads entering the property are 2WD accessible. However, the road down to the creek is rocky and you'll need a 4WD to get there.
– Pick up and drop off at Tallarook town can be pre-arranged with your host. Enquire with us for more info.
– We have dogs on site that are not on leash and are free to roam.
Tallarook is a town in central Victoria, Australia. Seven Hills Tallarook is situated 5 minutes from the Hume Hwy in Tallarook. The property is over 600 acres, viewing the valleys of Broadford, Seymour, Pyalong, and Puckapunyal.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$149
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$159
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$127
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$119
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Bed linens
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Cooking basics
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Host greets you
- Indoor fireplace
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Lock on bedroom door
- Long term stays allowed
- Luggage dropoff allowed
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: No
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: