Kookaburra CabinPalmwoods QLD 4555, Australia
About this listing
We are only 3 minutes from Palmwoods town which hosts the famous Rick’s Grage Diner and Palmwoods Pub. The beautiful Homegrown Café is in town and serves a fab breakfast and quite a few beautiful coffee stops. For other places to see, we are just 15 minutes to beaches, 12 minutes to Montville, and 15 minutes to the famous Eumundi Markets.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please be advised that no children are allowed as we have 3 dams in the property
The tiny house offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette complete with air-conditioning and heating. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surroundings. Walk around the property, have a hit of tennis, swim in the pool (cold in winter) or just relax, read a book and pat the animals.
Other things to note
– There is a farm friendly dog that loves to bark to say hello
– There are sheep that love to baa and an occasional neigh from the horses
– The animals love to roam and say hi from 2.30 to 4pm each day
– There is the sound of distant trains at times lots of birds chirping and crickets singing
– If you’d like a camp fire – Please bring firewood with you or you may purchase a bag for $15.00 from us. You can collect enough kindling from around the farm to start the fire. If it is too wet for a fire you can sell the firewood back to us
– Good mobile reception for Telstra
– We supply fresh farm eggs, bread, small milk, butter and spreads in cupboard
– Please be advised that no children are allowed as we have 3 dams in the property
– We are situated in the countryside and you may encounter insects such as spiders throughout your stay as these are part of the natural ecosystem of the bush
Our property is only 20 min walk to town and 3 min car drive. We are also 3 mins away from the train station and 6 mins off main QLD highway.
Our local recommendations
Ricks Cafe Palmwoods – Burgers served all day with live music on weekends
Palmwoods Pub – Palmwoods pub has a courtesy bus that will bring you back and pick you up if you are going there. They are iconic and serve good food
Homegrown Palmwwods Town – For 7am yoga on a Saturday morning and have the best and freshest food available
Mooloolaba, Maroochdore and Noosa beaches – Easy to get to and beautiful to spend a day at. There are shopping places close by
Hinterland Maleny and Montville – Take a drive to the hills. Just 12mins away for crafts, food scenery and walks
Shopping and Groceries:
SPA Palmwoods – All your food needs on your doorstep – 3mins away or 15min walk into town
Parks and Nature:
Noosa National Park – For a great coastal walk
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 3:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 11:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$199
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$220
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$169
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$159
- Additional guests: AUD$25
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Long term stays allowed
- Smoke detector
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: No
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: No
- Firewood at extra cost
- If you’d like a camp fire - Please bring firewood with you or you may purchase a bag for $15.00 from us. You can collect enough kindling from around the farm to start the fire. If it is too wet for a fire you can sell the firewood back to us of course.
- Activities and potential wildlife
- Strictly no children under 12 as there are 3 open dams and animals on the property which will be dangerous for young children.
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny house is 200 metres away from the main house.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: