Ocean View FeaturedKundabung NSW 2441, Australia
About this listing
Enjoy the vast surroundings of Ocean View Tiny House as it is situated at one of the highest points on the MNC, overlooking a farm land and the town of Kempsey. You will have the best view during your stay as the ocean can be seen from the front of the site and there is a vegetable patch behind the tiny house.
Our property offers a stunning view of the mountains, from Coffs Harbour to Bago Bluff and Comboine, and the beautiful lights of Kempsey, Port Macquarie and Smoky Cape Lighthouse at night.
There are plenty of activities nearby to choose, from hiking to fishing. We border state forest and national park with a multitude of trails, tracks and roads for hiking, motorbike riding and 4wding. For the ocean lovers, the beach and some of the best fishing on the coast is within a short drive.
We are almost half way between Brisbane and Sydney.
The tiny house offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette complete with air-conditioning and heating. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor, which can be converted to a single bed size. It can sleep 2 adults (in the loft) and 1 child (on the sofa bed) comfortably.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximize space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless ecofriendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia’s severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by on serving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimizes odours.
If you’re using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surroundings including the vegetable garden and the various tracks that we have around the property. Some areas lead down into dense tropical-like environment and others overlook the mountains.
Guests must stay away from our sheds and around the house sites. We advise guests to not cross any fences or open any gates.
Some areas are not 2WD accessible.
Other things to note
– Meal options are available at an extra cost. Please pre-order at least 24 hours in advance so that your hosts will have sufficient time to prepare them
– We have animals roaming around such as dogs, free-range chickens, and guinea fowl
– There are multitude of beaches and rivers nearby. We have a small boat for hire and we can arrange fishing trips on the river with our bigger boat at an extra cost
– Motorbikes are welcome but let us know if you are bringing one and we could also organize a guide for trail bikes at an extra cost
– We also have motorbikes and farm vehicles to get around the property but we will try to limit noise while guests are here
– Please use the bins provided
– Please note that we live in an area with wildlife, this includes snakes
– Some parts of the property are not accessible by car
– We provide firewood for the firepit, however if you use all that we have provided at the tiny house you will need to collect your own from the wood pile
– Guests are able to smoke outside. Please dispose of rubbish in the bins provided
– Good mobile reception on the property
Kundabung is a small quiet village close to the coast and is within a small drive of South West Rocks, Crescent head and Port Macquarie.
Our local recommendations:
1. Ricardoes Tomatoes and Strawberry Picking Farm – Pick your own strawberries and go on a tour of the farm. There is also an onsite café/restaurant and a shop where you can buy jams and sauces from
2. The Stunned Mullet – TripAdvisor’s best restaurant in Port Macquarie and has won multiple awards
3. Cassegrains Winery – This award-winning winery is open for tastings most days of the week. It has a restaurant and often holds a number of events including music festivals and wedding expo
4. Billabong Zoo – It has a large range of animals and a restaurant and café on site
5. South West Rocks – A beautiful coastal town with cafes, beaches, great fishing spots, Trial Bay Gaol tours, smoky cape lighthouse, and horseshoe bay which has a great swimming spot
6. Port Central and Settlement City Shopping Centres – These centres have groceries and a number of locally run boutique stores
7. Sea Acres Rainforest Centre – Beautiful nature walk and a café on site
8. Farmers Market – Buy organic local produce every Tuesday afternoon at Port Central Shopping centre
9. Koala Hospital in Port Macquarie – Supported by the Bondi Vet Dr. Chris Brown. You can see the koalas and the amazing work the carers are doing after the devastating bushfires
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Dishes and silverware
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- Hot water
- Long term stays allowed
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Smoking allowed
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: No
- Activities and potential wildlife
- There are multitude of beaches and rivers nearby. We have a small boat for hire and we can arrange fishing trips on the river with our bigger boat at an extra cost. Motorbikes are welcome but let us know if you are bringing one and we could also organize a guide for trail bikes at an extra cost. Please note that we live in an area with wildlife, this includes snakes.
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- The property is about 10 m. from the main house. The pacific highway is 4.5 km. away
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: