Paperbark Cottage 2, Mowbray Park Farm745 Barkers Lodge Road, Picton, NSW 2571, Australia
About this listing
Mowbray Park Farm has a rich history dating back to the early days of European settlement in 1822. Stepping into the farm is like travelling back in time as some of their buildings have preserved the European architecture. The farmstay started in the early 1980s and has evolved into one of the preeminent farm experiences in Australia.
The tiny home offers a relaxing escape a world away from the hectic and digitally-laden city lifestyle. It is well-equipped with a kitchenette. There is a queen sized bed in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor.
There is plenty of space to ride around the farm so feel free to bring a bicycle. If you would like to go fishing (strictly catch & release) please bring your own rod (spinning lures recommended).
Please note that no linens are provided. BYO linens. We supply blankets & pillows; please bring your own bed sheets (Queen size), pillow cases & towels.
Mowbray Park Farm offers guests the opportunity to get 'hands on' experience of life on a working farm. The daily farm programme starts at 9:15am and includes a variety of activities such as tractor ride, animal feeding, cow milking and pony riding (for children 7 years old and below). For children above 8yrs old, you can book horse riding on a trail (additional costs apply) and enjoy a leisurely ride around the property.
If you're not participating in one of the supervised activities then it is a perfect opportunity to enjoy some of the self supervised activities like canoeing, archery, tennis, swimming, fishing (BYO rod) and cycling (BYO bicycle).
Other things to note
– Best suited for 2 adults and 1 child
– No charge for infants under 3, we charge an additional $60 for children above 3 years old
– Price includes all activities and facilities on the farm (except for horse riding)
– You can take part in our farm programmes or use our facilities to enjoy self supervised activities
– Horse riding is only available for children 8 years and above at $70 per person for a 1 hour ride
– We have pony riding for children below 8 years old
– Pls pre-book horse or pony rides before check in. Enquire with us for more information!
With fine colonial buildings, Picton is a rural delight 90 minutes’ drive southwest of Sydney’s city centre and 45 minutes northwest of Wollongong. You’ll be charmed by the cafes, shops and markets in this beautiful historic town near World Heritage wilderness and other enchanting heritage towns.
You can pick up maps and friendly tips on all the marvellous things to do and see in and around Picton from the Wollondilly Visitor Information Centre. There are wonderful self-guided walking tours and notable heritage architecture, including beautifully restored colonial homesteads.
Other heritage attractions include St Mark’s Anglican Church, designed by the famous colonial architect Edmund Blacket. The picturesque sandstone Picton Railway Viaduct over Stonequarry Creek was constructed from 1863 to 1867 – you can still travel by train from Sydney to Picton.
Bring your bicycle and pedal in the tranquil countryside. Picton Botanical Gardens is perfect for walking and cycling too, with a 9km path. You can drive or cycle to Thirlmere and on to World Heritage-listed Thirlmere Lakes National Park, a popular spot for bushwalking, kayaking and picnics.
The rich soil around Picton supports various agricultural enterprises. You can buy fresh local produce at the Creative Traders Market, on the first Sunday of the month from February to December.
- Guests: 3
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place, With Loft / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$240
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$228
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$216
- Additional guests: AUD$60
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
Custom Period Prices
|Start date||End date||Nightly||Weekends||Additional guests|
- Air conditioning
- Children’s dinnerware
- Cooking basics
- Dishes and silverware
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Host greets you
- Hot water
- Lock on bedroom door
- Long term stays allowed
- Luggage dropoff allowed
- Patio or balcony
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Swimming pool
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- Firewood at extra cost
- One stack is provided and subsequent purchase is at $10 / bag.
- Activities and potential wildlife
- Guests may wish to know that there is limited mobile reception. Our mobile reception is limited due to the location of the farm with the hills and limited towers in the local area. Telstra sims are fine but other providers are patchy. Guests are welcome to use the gas BBQ. All stays on Tiny Away are self catering and does not include meals. At Paperbark Cottage, Mowbray Park Farm, it does include all activities and facilities on the farm (except for horse riding). Farm activities are central to the Mowbray Park Farmstay experience, children (and adults) love the animal nursery. You will help us feed animals of all sizes: donkeys, alpacas, ducks and sheep; you might help bottle feed a calf; you will certainly help us milk our cow. If you're not participating in one of our supervised activities then it is a perfect opportunity to enjoy some of our self supervised activities: canoeing, archery, tennis, swimming, fishing (BYO rod), and mountain bike riding (BYO bike).
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- We have 2 tiny houses on the property and the tiny houses are about 100m from the reception area with clear easy access and signage. Tiny Away and our host respect the privacy of the guests and will do our best to give you absolute privacy during your stay with us.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Not Verified
- Sort By: