PiccolinoWolgan Valley NSW 2790, Australia
About this listing
If you love and appreciate the raw beauty of the Australian landscape, relish the opportunity to unwind in natural surroundings, breathe in the clear mountain air and awaken your senses with the sounds of the trickling water of the river, this is the place for you.
When we say we want our guests to relax, we mean it. You will find no wi-fi, internet or mobile phone reception here. Come fully prepared to disconnect and recharge.
Piccolino is a self-catered, private retreat, allowing our guests to experience the seclusion and ruggedness of the Aussie bush in comfort. Our tiny house has a small footprint on the environment, designed for minimal impact on the surrounding wilderness.
Piccolino comes with a fully equipped kitchen, with microwave, stovetop, pots and pans and mini-fridge and outdoor barbecue. Coffee, tea, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper are provided.
Our facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a composting toilet. Our water supply is sourced from rainwater tanks. Biodegradable soaps, shampoos and conditioners are supplied. If bringing your own, we ask that you use suitable products to reduce the impact on our environment.
The tiny house is air-conditioned so you’ll stay cosy in winter and cool in summer.
Kick back in some comfy chairs around the fire pit with a favourite beverage. Firewood is supplied.
We have contactless check-in allowing you to come and go as you please. There are more than 100 acres at your disposal, with several bush tracks through the property just waiting for you to explore, on foot or mountain bike.
There’s plenty to do nearby: walks to the Glow Worm Tunnel, Newnes Ruins and ancient indigenous rock art at Mayingu Marragu, visit the Gang Gang Gallery and Blast Furnace Park, try some fishing at Lake Wallace and Lake Lyall or meander through Mayfield Gardens. Sample some local produce at the Jannei Goat Dairy, Craftworks Distillery or check out the unique Secret Creek Café and wildlife sanctuary.
Award winning Wolgan Valley Eco Tours is highly recommended for guided walking tours and hikes and offers a unique, low impact experience offered by local, expert guides. https://www.wolganvalleyecotours.com.au/
Visit https://tourism.lithgow.com/things-to-see-do/ or contact us for more info.
Other things to note
There is no mobile phone reception, wifi or internet access at this property. Come prepared to truly disconnect and enjoy the wilderness!
To get to our property, there will be a short drive on a dirt track. Some sections of the dirt track may be unsuitable for modified or lowered vehicles due to unevenness of the track. Smaller 2WD vehicles will need to exercise caution and drive slowly.
Please note that there are no options to purchase food or beverages at the property. There are some great local dining options nearby. Contact us for some recommendations.
If you love and appreciate the raw beauty of the Australian landscape, relish the opportunity to unwind in natural surroundings, breathe in the clear mountain air and awaken your senses with the sounds of the trickling water of the river, the native birds and the breeze through the tall gum forest, this is the place for you.
Surrounded by the World Heritage listed Wollemi National Park and bordered by the Gardens of Stone National Park and the Newnes State Forest, our property offers guests endless opportunities to explore local bushwalking tracks including the famous Glow Worm Tunnel, take guided tours of the historical ruins at Newnes and the old train line, climb the famous Donkey Mountain, visit ancient Aboriginal caves and rock paintings and explore the region via the countless gazetted four wheel drive tracks in the local area.
Other attractions nearby are the Three Sisters, Katoomba, Scenic World and Blue Mountains National Park (about 1 hour away). Jenolan Caves, about 1 hr 20 mins away.
The nearest town, Wallerawang, is 15 mins drive away. Lithgow, a larger regional centre, is 25 mins drive away.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$199
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$220
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$169
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$159
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 2
- Maximum number of days: 45
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Long term stays allowed
- Patio or balcony
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: No
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- Activities and potential wildlife
- Guests are welcome to try fishing in the river next to the accommodation and also nearby fishing spots.
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Satellite internet is available for emergencies only. The tiny house is about 300m away from the main house. There is a hill and a grove of trees in between so our guests can’t see the main house from the tiny house, nor can we see the tiny house from the main house. You do need to drive past the main house to access the tiny house, but once you arrive at the guest area, you can be assured of total seclusion and privacy. We also have contactless check-in /out so you can come and go as you please, and you are free to explore the property at their leisure.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 2 nights
- The maximum stay is 45 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating