QuirindiDunalley, Tasmania 7177
About this listing
The Arthur Highway from Hobart will bring you to Dunalley which was originally named East Bay Neck. The name was changed in 1839 by an early settler Captain Benjamin Bayley. The name honoured Henry Prittie the Third Baron Title from County Tipperrairy in Ireland, Henry was Benjamin Bayley’s cousin.
The space for the tiny house is very secluded on the banks of a creek with its own private entrance and with natural vegetation and wild life.
Our tiny house is a lovely studio space of 155 sqft. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning and heating. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surroundings. You are welcome to walk around the property at leisure. There is a 9 hole put course on our property which you could play.
Other things to note
– Wifi is available. Network and password will be provided upon arrival at the tiny house
– Firewood is provided for free
– Gas BBQ and fire pit is available for guests to use
– Pets are allowed but must be kept on least at all times. Pleaser inform your host if you are bringing your pet
– The put put course is free and golf clubs and golf balls are available from the main house
We are located in Dunalley, a quiet fishing village known for its super-fresh seafood. Dunalley is peaceful and pretty with beautiful bay-side scenery.
Our local recommendation:
1. Phoenix Farm uses local produce
2. The Cannery
3. Dunalley Hotel
4. Bangor Winr & Oyster Shed
5. The Bakery in the middle of Dunalley
1. Marion Bay Beach is 10 minutes from Dunalley
2. A monument to Abel Tasman who discovered Tasmania in 1642 off Marion Bay Beach is at the Dunalley Wharf
3. Eaglehawk Neck has Tasman Island Cruises and 3 hour wilderness cruise
4. Eaglehawk Dive Center
1. Nearest IGA grocery shop is at Murdunna, 15 minutesut of Dunalley on the Tasman Highway
2. Bream Creek Market every first Sunday of the month
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Wireless Internet
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny house is 100 meters from the main house in a gully area out of sight.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: