Ridgeway RetreatThe Ridgeway NSW 2620, Australia
About this listing
For bushwalking enthusiasts, follow the fire trails on the property down to the railway line, which marks the border between NSW and the ACT. From there you can head down to the Gorge, cross the river via ancient rock platforms and join the Molonglo Gorge track, one of the region’s most breathtaking walking trails. You can wander for hours and rarely see a soul or have a picnic with friends overlooking one of the many rock pools that wind their way up the mountains. Wine lovers will relish the opportunity to sample some of the regions great high country vineyards, including the award winning Lark Hill winery in historic Bungendore.
You can be adventurous as you like or hide away from the world. Your choice. But there is something magically calming about this place. An oasis of calm in a hectic world.
This property has its own natural privacy surrounded by lush green bushland, gardens, and relaxing outdoor plays. Aesthetically designed with picturesque modern rustic elegance, where vacationers can enjoy the slow backcountry lifestyle of Australia.
The tiny house's amenities include a split system air con, a kitchenette where you can cook light meals, a portable electric cooker, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave, and even a mini-fridge.
For our bathroom facilities, we follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guest will have access to the tiny house and surrounding natural reserves and Molonglo gorge.
Other things to note
– Quiet hours 10pm-7am
– Car to be parked next to the tiny house only.
– No smoking inside, except in designated areas.
– No unregistered guests or visitors allowed.
– Please do not enter animal paddocks or yards without your land host's permission.
– Make sure to turn off the lights, air conditioning, and any electronics when you leave the house. Don’t forget to close the windows and lock the door.
– Pets must be kept on close watch when outside of the unit at all times as livestock (such chicken, cows, goats, etc.) is present o the property. Please take note to inform your host if you plan to bring your pets at our property.
– Dropping cigarette butts on dry grass is a fire hazard that must be avoided in order to prevent bushfires, please use the ash tray provided.
Ridgeway Retreat features not just the best revitalizing experience, but also historical attractions and outdoor activities for you to enjoy. So make an endless list of everything you can do including:
All delectable restaurants, cafes, stores, and attractions are:
– 3.6 km drive to Kings Highway, which is close to the conveniences of Queanbeyan including wonderful shops, cafes, and galleries.
– 23.3 km drive to Bungendore, has everything you need from shops, parks, etc.
– 71.7 km drive to Braidwood, has some of the richest history, galleries, cafes, and dining options in town. It's also close to Canberra's vineyards and distilleries.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Air conditioning
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Wireless Internet
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- The tiny house is approximately 25 metres away from the main house.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Full refund if cancellations are made at least 14 days before the check-in date.
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: