Rising FogKangaroo Valley NSW 2577, Australia
About this listing
Rising Fog bnb
In a paddock near the dam. the tiny house will have views of the escarpment and some areas of bush. There are lots of kangaroos on our farm which can be visible from the tiny house.
Our tiny house is a lovely studio space of 155 sqft. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning and heating. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the
drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia’s severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you’re using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surroundings.
There are areas of bush as well as open paddocks. The back half of the farm is currently being used for our pastured egg farm and because of biosecurity, guests will not be allowed to enter this part of the farm.
Other things to note
– No wifi
– The egg farm is off limits to guests due to biosecurity
– We have 8 working dogs on the chicken farm that occasionally bark
– Bins will be provided for recycling and guests can compost their scraps on site
Our property is located in Kangaroo Valley. We are close to Bendeela camping ground and waking distance to a nature reserve. We are only 3km from the main road and 5km from the centre of Kangaroo Valley which has lots of interesting things for tourists. We have a pioneer museum as well as the pub and some small shops. There are also several restaurants.
Our local recommendations:
1. Friendly Inn – Lovely atmosphere, good pub food, great outdoor eating area
2. The General Café – Lovely local food, open for breakfast and lunch only
3. The Kangaroo Valley Bakery – For their legendary meat pies
1. The Hampden Bridge – Fantastic historical part of Kangaroo Valley
2. The Pioneer Museum – Lovely piece of Australian heritage
3. Morton National Park – There are so many beautiful bush walking tracks around Kangaroo Valley to explore
1. The General Store – Lovely local groceries and knick knacks, family run store
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning before checkout
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Long term stays allowed
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- The tiny house is located 90 meters from the main residence and approximately 30-50 meters from Bendeela Road.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: