River Palms Tiny House 1Paisley SA 5357, Australia
About this listing
Blanchetown is a relaxed holiday town nestled on the cliffs of the Murray and features two bridges spanning the majestic waterway. Here, you will have varied activities to choose from like boating, hot air ballooning, and visits to the wineries.
Definitely a one of a kind riverfront holiday!
The property is located on a quiet and peaceful location on the River Murray with large open spaces. Our tiny house is a lovely studio space of 155 sqft. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning and heating. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guest will have access to the tiny house and it's surrounding areas including the river area, playgrounds, and toilet blocks.
Other things to note
– Quiet hours 10pm-7am
– No smoking inside, except in designated areas.
– Firewood costs $15 per 10 kilos
– Please do not enter animal paddocks or yards without your land host's permission.
– Pets must be kept on close watch when outside of the unit at all times.
– Pets are not allowed on bed and sofa, and always keep in mind to clean pet's feaces. Please take note to inform your host if you plan to bring your pets at our property.
– Make sure to turn off the lights, air conditioning, and any electronics when you leave the house. Don’t forget to close the windows and lock the door.
– Dropping cigarette butts on dry grass is a fire hazard that must be avoided in order to prevent bushfires.
Blanchetown is made up of river shacks and uncrowded stretches of calm water ideal for activities all year round, on or off the water.
– Drop into the Blanchetown Hotel for a drink on the deck overlooking Lock 1, on the Murray River.
– As you cross the Murray on the Sturt Highway, amaze at the breadth of the Murray River bordered by spectacular creamy limestone cliffs over 20 million years old.
– Sample some wine at Burk Salter Cellar Door or hop on board their immaculately restored 1927 Chevrolet Truck for a private tour of the vineyard and adjoining wetland area.
– Visit Griffens Marina, now home to a range of luxury houseboats that in years gone by was a popular mooring spot for paddle steamers.
– Learn about Blanchetown’s involvement in the lock and weir system or visit Brookfield Conservation Park, a breeding ground for the Southern Hairy-nosed wombats that graze on the western side of the river.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: No
- Firewood at extra cost
- Firewood costs $15 per 10 kilos
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- The property is a 100 meters away from the main house.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Full refund if cancellations are made at least 14 days before the check-in date.
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: