River’s Edge at The White House on BowmanBowman NSW 2422, Australia
About this listing
Set in park-like surrounds, be enchanted as your stay will be framed by stands of trees, rolling hills & the meandering Bowman River. Find a picnic spot, swimming hole, platypus, practise gold panning, all whilst listening to the sounds of the Aussie bush. In the cool dark of night take in the mystery of the sky as you sit by the fire pit for casual conversation.
Your self contained tiny house is set in the midst of 11 acres with the river in sight and only a short stroll away, explore your surroundings, enjoy a BBQ, make a campfire, or go sightseeing.
Welcome to our perfect city escape to relax, unwind & reset.
Our tiny house is a lovely studio space of 155 sqft. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning and heating. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
You will have access to the tiny house and all other areas.
The only restricted areas will be the Big House and farm equipment. Whilst you are welcome to have a look around the garden, please refrain from our private spaces such as the verandahs and sheds. You might see us moving around, however, we do not invade your space or privacy while you're staying but we do welcome the opportunity for you to come have a 'chat' with us.
Other things to note
– Bowman River Road has occasional resident traffic
– Our property is a work in progress with the usual maintenance required of 11 acres. On some occasions, you may hear the ride-on lawn mower or the big Caterpillar backhoe as we carve out new ideas
– Sorry our property is not suitable for children under 12
– Composting is available for food wastes/recycling for cans & bottles, not plastics
– Natural bushland is unpredictable. Be aware of steep descents, rocks, falling branches & wildlife habitats. The air is clean and the breeze is fresh, so take precautions against sunburn please
– Glass not to be taken outside the perimeter of your tiny house for the safety of all
– Fire pit subject to RFS fire restrictions
– Above all, please ask if there is anything else we can help you with. We want you to enjoy your stay and hope to see you soon. Thank you
– Limited wifi available
– Limited mobile reception available
– We are situated in the countryside and you may encounter insects such as spiders throughout your stay as these are part of the natural ecosystem of the bush
Gloucester is a gateway to spectacular wilderness and adventure. From bush walks through ancient rainforest to kayaking on the Barrington River and scenic camping. You will also discover local markets and cellar doors.
Travel back to the time of the famous local outlaw Captain Thunderbolt at the Gloucester Museum, which has artefacts dating back to 1826. Our gold rush heritage even refers to the "Bowman River Goldfields" in 1879. Rural areas are now mostly for timber-getting, grazing & dairy farming.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Long term stays allowed
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: No
- Mobile reception: No
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- The location for tiny house is approximately 120 meters from the main house.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: