Rosewood MacMacclesfield SA 5153, Australia
About this listing
Enjoy breathtaking views of vast open paddocks teeming with horses and kangaroos, and unwind under the shade of gum trees, ideal for picnics and long naps.
The property offers guests a comfortable stay with its queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor, which can be converted to a single bed size. Aesthetically designed with southern inspired interiors and modern studio-style decors to make vacationers feel at home.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week.. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
Important note: Please expect occasional noise from farm machinery on property and neighbouring properties since we are an active farm.
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surrounding areas, except the main house and fenced garden.
Other things to note
– Quiet hours 10 pm-7 am
– Mobile reception is good for Optus and Telstra
– No smoking inside, except in designated areas
– No unregistered guests or visitors are allowed
– Compost bin is available for guests to properly dispose of trash
– Please advised that we have livestock (and noise) on our property
– Don't forget to close windows, and lock doors when leaving the tiny house
– Make sure to turn off the lights, air conditioning, and electronics (e.g., especially chargers)
– Pets are only limited to one dog or cat
– Any damage done by pets shall be payable by the guests
– Pets are not allowed on beds and sofas, and clean after pet faeces
– Pets are recommended to be kept on leash as livestock is present on the property
– Please take note to inform your land host 24 hrs before arrival if you plan to bring your pets to our property
– Picnic via donkey-drawn cart at local scenic spots is available for an extra cost of $250 per couple
– Horse riding using my horses is $100 per lesson. If guests bring their own horses for lessons the cost is $85.
– Visiting horses' accommodation or boarding is available to guests for an extra cost of $15 per night in electrified yards, $20 per night in yard with shelter, and $25 for indoor stables
– We provide agistment for up to eight horses and ponies in addition to our own two horses and two donkeys. Keep in mind that we have horse owners visiting their horses occasionally and riders taking lessons once or twice per week.
– If you plan to bring your horse, please inform the land host in advance so that horse boarding can be arranged
– Guests are advised to follow the safety guidelines discussed with the land host
– Please do not enter animal paddocks or yards without the land host's permission
– Keep in mind that BBQ grills and outdoor fire pits are not available during the fire season
– Dropping cigarette butts on dry grass can start a bush fire. Please put out your cigarettes properly
– Due to the property’s rural location, you may encounter inconveniences such as insects during your stay
– Please expect occasional noise from farm animals and machinery as the property is a working farm stay accommodation
– Please advise that there will be other guests on the property—two tiny houses are located in another paddock on the same property. If you want to book in groups, you can contact the land host ahead of time to make arrangements.
– These are only temporary photos and are similar with the other tiny house managed by the host on the same property which is Gums n Roses
Macclesfield is an urban location area within the local government area of Mount Barker in South Australia. It is located approximately 35kms from the capital Adelaide, where nearby attractions, restaurants, cafes are found including:
– Three Brothers Arms, an excellent traditional pub in Adelaide Hills.
– Macclesfield Hotel, cooks some of the delicious pizzas in the garden.
– Puddings on the Deck, where you can get your cup of tea.
– Victoria Hotel Bistro, where you can get fine dining in a country pub.
– Pik A Pie Bakery, excellent range of pies, pastries and sausage rolls.
– Sazon Espresso, a place for casual talks, eat great food, and great coffee.
– Longview Vineyard Cellar Door, where you get to enjoy award winning wines in a truly handmade Cellar Door environment. All whilst soaking in the gorgeous surroundings of the Adelaide Hills Wine Region.
– Karrawatta Wines, new cellar door housed in a converted dairy, nestled in our Adelaide Hills vineyard between old vines and classic Australian bush.
– Glenbarr Homestead, a beautiful 1870 refurbished barn, Glenbarr homestead is now more of a museum, but one that you interact with.
-The Spirit of the Stag – Deer Farm Tours by Hahndorf Venison, is a 4WD loop takes in the deer farm. You’ll see six species of deer and antelope going about their daily business, a highlight being up close and personal with the majestic elk
– The Junction Studio/Gallery, a solo artist Gallery featuring local artist Valerie Redding. Vibrant watercolours capture people as they enter the gallery evoking heartfelt, warm memories of personal life experiences.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$179
- Additional guests: AUD$25
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Air conditioning
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- Activities and potential wildlife
- - Picnic via donkey-drawn cart at local scenic spots is available for an extra cost of $250 per couple - Horse riding using my horses is $100 per lesson. If guests bring their own horses for lessons the cost is $85. - Visiting horses' accommodation or boarding is available to guests for an extra cost of $15 per night in electrified yards, $20 per night in yard with shelter, and $25 for indoor stables - We provide agistment for up to eight horses and ponies in addition to our own two horses and two donkeys. Keep in mind that we have horse owners visiting their horses occasionally and riders taking lessons.
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- The property is 100 metres away from main house and road, and 50 metres from working shed.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Full refund if cancellations are made at least 14 days before the check-in date.
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: