Sithuri Tiny House – A Windeyer Outback Experience FeaturedWindeyer, NSW 2850
About this listing
Farm tour (e.g. meet our cute alpacas, feed the animals, watch our farm dogs round up the goats, etc) is available at extra cost and pre-booking is required. You will need to stay at least 2 nights in order to have sufficient time to enjoy the farm tour. Please enquire with your host if interested to participate.
You can also relax and read a book inside our tiny home. Life is good!
Please refer to notes in "other things to note" before you book.
The tiny house offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, hot showers, a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, complete with air-conditioning and heating. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor, which can be converted to a single bed. It can sleep 2 adults (in the loft) and 1 child (on the sofa bed) comfortably.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Interesting fact : The farm is on top of an old gold mine where gigantic gold nuggets were found! Fossicking hobbyists can bring your own equipment to try your luck on the farm.
We have 3 tiny houses rented out on our property. The other 2 tiny houses are in the same paddock. This tiny house is near the entrance. We can accommodate up to 11 persons. Please contact us if you're interested in booking as a group.
If you would like to do mountain biking or bushwalking, please inform your host so that he can show you the routes and point you in the right direction so that you will not get lost.
Outdoor bath is not directly outside the tiny house. It is available only on request.
Other things to note
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BOOK :
– There are 2 other tiny houses on this property which are also rented out, so expect some company from other guests
– Some areas are shared
– No mobile phone reception and no wifi here. Please come prepared to truly disconnect!
– No pets please as we have farm animals roaming around
– Farm fresh breakfast, meals and snacks are available for order. Please pre-order at least 24 hours in advance.
– Book a personalised private wine tour by your local host. For a half day wine tour, you can visit up to 3 wineries. For a full day wine tour, visit up to 6 wineries. Customisable depending on how much time you wish to spend at each winery. Wine tours on weekends would have to be pre-booked at least 1 week in advance (wine tasting only). Pre-book AT LEAST 3 WEEKS in advance if you wish to have lunch at the popular wineries (because they are THAT popular). For wine tours on weekdays, pre-book at least 48 hours in advance.
– Farm tour and feeding of animals (at extra cost and pre-booking required). You will need to stay least 2 nights to participate, so that you'll have at least a full day for the farm tour. Please enquire with your host for more info.
– We sell our honey, you can buy from us! (subject to availability of stock)
– Bring your own bikes for mountain biking
– Outdoor bath is only available upon request. It is not placed directly outside the tiny house. Pls inform your host in advance if you wish to use it. Not available during bad weather as it is not sheltered
– The tiny house is just inside of the entrance of the property and near the main house so that your hosts can attend to you if you need any help. It is not placed in the middle of the farm. Hence not secluded, but guest will have your own private entrance
– Outdoor fire pit is available for guests to use (not allowed if there is a fire ban). Please ensure that all fires are put out before leaving unattended.
The Gold and Fleece Hotel is just 10 mins away from our property. It has over 100 years of history and is a very popular country pub. They are open from Tue – Fri 3pm till late and Sat – Sun 12pm till 12 midnight. Closed on Mondays.
For the gold enthusiasts, Windeyer is a popular area for gold fossicking. There is a fossicking area on Long Creek next to the Meroo Creek Bridge. You can hire gold pans and other equipment from the Bushlands Tourist Park.
Other gold sites – Gulong town has an outdoor mining museum and the Hill End historic site. Hill End is the original site of the discovery of the famous Holterman Nugget in 1872. It was the single largest mass of gold ever discovered, weighing at 285kg.
Mudgee is a charming historic town that has been a wine-growing region since the 1850s. It is popular with wine enthusiasts with about 30 cellar doors in the region! Go for the Mudgee Fine Foods Farmers Markets held at St Mary's Church every third Saturday of the month.
Explore Wollemi National Park, home to the Wollemi pine, one of the world's oldest and rarest plants and is nicknamed the 'dinosaur tree'.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 173 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- Bed linens
- Dishes and silverware
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Garden or backyard
- Hot water
- Long term stays allowed
- Patio or balcony
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: No
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- Activities and potential wildlife
- We are a working farm with alpacas, goats, sheep, chickens and pigs. We also have a pet horse that roams freely on property. On weekends, you can book a farm tour (subject to availability) with our land host where he can show you how he produces honey and does bee-keeping.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: