Sithuri Tiny House – A Windeyer Outback ExperienceWindeyer, NSW 2850
About this listing
Farm tour (e.g. meet our cute alpacas, feed the animals, watch our farm dogs round up the goats, etc) is available at extra cost and pre-booking is required. You will need to stay at least 2 nights in order to have sufficient time to enjoy the farm tour. Please enquire with your host if interested to participate.
You can also relax and read a book inside our tiny home. Life is good!
Please refer to notes in "other things to note" before you book.
The tiny house offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, hot showers, a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, complete with air-conditioning and heating. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor, which can be converted to a single bed. It can sleep 2 adults (in the loft) and 1 child (on the sofa bed) comfortably.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Interesting fact : The farm is on top of an old gold mine where gigantic gold nuggets were found! Fossicking hobbyists can bring your own equipment to try your luck on the farm.
We have 3 tiny houses rented out on our property. The other 2 tiny houses are in the same paddock. This tiny house is near the entrance. We can accommodate up to 11 persons. Please contact us if you're interested in booking as a group.
If you would like to do mountain biking or bushwalking, please inform your host so that he can show you the routes and point you in the right direction so that you will not get lost.
Other things to note
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BOOK :
– There are 2 other tiny houses on this property which are also rented out, so expect some company from other guests
– Some areas are shared
– The tiny house is just inside of the entrance of the property and near the main house so that your hosts can attend to you if you need any help. It is not placed in the middle of the farm. Hence not secluded, but guest will have your own private entrance
– No mobile phone reception and no wifi here. Please come prepared to truly disconnect!
– No pets please as we have farm animals roaming around
– Farm fresh breakfast, meals and snacks are available for order. Please pre-order at least 24 hours in advance
– We sell our honey, you can buy from us! (subject to availability of stock)
– Book a personalised private wine tour by your local host. For a half day wine tour, you can visit up to 3 wineries. For a full day wine tour, visit up to 6 wineries. Customisable depending on how much time you wish to spend at each winery.
– Wine tours on weekends would have to be pre-booked at least 1 week in advance (wine tasting only)
– Pre-book AT LEAST 3 WEEKS in advance if you wish to have lunch at the popular wineries (because they are THAT popular)
– For wine tours on weekdays, pre-book at least 48 hours in advance
– Farm tour and feeding of animals (at extra cost and pre-booking required)
– You will need to stay least 2 nights to participate, so that you'll have at least a full day for the farm tour. Please enquire with your host for more info
– Bring your own bikes for mountain biking
– Outdoor fire pit is available for guests to use (not allowed if there is a fire ban). Please ensure that all fires are put out before leaving unattended.
– Firewood costs $25 / bag
– Pamper yourself in our outdoor jacuzzi while you enjoy the beautiful sceneries around the property. To get access, you will need to book your slot for 1 hour use. Kindly enquire with your host for arrangement
The Gold and Fleece Hotel is just 10 mins away from our property. It has over 100 years of history and is a very popular country pub. They are open from Tue – Fri 3pm till late and Sat – Sun 12pm till 12 midnight. Closed on Mondays.
For the gold enthusiasts, Windeyer is a popular area for gold fossicking. There is a fossicking area on Long Creek next to the Meroo Creek Bridge. You can hire gold pans and other equipment from the Bushlands Tourist Park.
Other gold sites – Gulong town has an outdoor mining museum and the Hill End historic site. Hill End is the original site of the discovery of the famous Holterman Nugget in 1872. It was the single largest mass of gold ever discovered, weighing at 285kg.
Mudgee is a charming historic town that has been a wine-growing region since the 1850s. It is popular with wine enthusiasts with about 30 cellar doors in the region! Go for the Mudgee Fine Foods Farmers Markets held at St Mary's Church every third Saturday of the month.
Explore Wollemi National Park, home to the Wollemi pine, one of the world's oldest and rarest plants and is nicknamed the 'dinosaur tree'.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 173 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$199
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$220
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$169
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$159
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$60
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Garden or backyard
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot tub
- Hot water
- Long term stays allowed
- Patio or balcony
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: No
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: No
- Firewood at extra cost
- Fire wood provided at an extra cost of $25 per bag
- Activities and potential wildlife
- We are a working farm with alpacas, goats, sheep, chickens and pigs. We also have a pet horse that roams freely on property. On weekends, you can book a farm tour (subject to availability) with our land host where he can show you how he produces honey and does bee-keeping.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By:
My partner and I stayed at the Sithuri Tiny House for one night whilst on a road trip. This is hands down one of the best places I have ever booked to stay and I wish that we could have stayed longer! Fernando was an excellent host and made us feel like we were coming home to family. He was enthusiastic and always responded swiftly to any questions that I had about our stay. The tiny house itself was absolutely spotless and also contained guides/information on things to do/attractions in the surrounding area. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and I think the bamboo mattress topper was an excellent addition. We both had such a good night sleep that we purchased an identical mattress topper for our own bed when we arrived home! The tiny house also had a range of cooking utensils that you typically do not find even in holiday apartments with a kitchenette. This made cooking our meals during our stay incredibly easy and fuss free. Although the farm animals are not too far away from the tiny house, we had a very peaceful sleep with no noise interruptions. The trip to the tiny house from Mudgee was short (about 30 minutes) and the property was easy to locate. I cannot recommend this place enough! I will definitely be coming back as soon as I can escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
What a magical getaway we had! Everything was far beyond my expectations and imagination of how adventurous, enjoyable and rejuvenating our trip to Mudgee would be.
We stayed 2 nights and pre booked in a farm tour, half day wine tour and the use of the outdoor bath! I messaged the host a few weeks before to confirm and he was so glad I did- it made me really excited for our trip. Fernando offered the choice if we wanted to specifically request wine tour locations ect but I was so happy to go with the flow and his planning.
Our journey out from Sydney was lovely stopping at Mudgee and then messaged to say we were on our way to the farm. Great instructions and really easy to find The Dreams Alpaca farm!
We arrived and were greeted but the lovely dogs and host which was so warm and welcoming. Fernando showed us around, never over bearing -just helpful and making you feel at home.
The farm tour was unbelievable! We started with feeding the animals which was full of fun, laughs and meeting all the characters, a baby goat more like a puppy and even the birth of a baby Alpaca as we were feeding them- very special! Fernando has so much knowledge and really let’s you be as involved as you wish- the fresh farm eggs were delicious! Feeding the animals was great fun but really where our breathe was taken away, time and time again was jumping on the back of the Ute and touring the 400 Acer property! It was such a joy, very magical as the property is stunning with so many different parts to it. Fernando would stop along the way to share facts, stories ect it was truly a delight! It’s a MUST to stay 2 nights at least and you’re robbing yourself if you don’t! To think people travel to this beautiful paradise for 1 night and not see all the treasures the farm has to offer is them definitely missing out! We hiked the trails the next day which was great because Fernando had well equipped us to feel comfortable out in the bush! Wish we had time to book in a picnic at the top of the property, would definitely recommend – the perfect place of privacy, romance and feeling like your the only people in the world!! The nature is truly beautiful.
After the the farm tour with our smiles from ear to ear we headed to the very country hotel/pub a 10min drive. Definitely a local hub and a delicious, easy Aussie meal!
We returned to the outdoor bath, warmed on the fire that Fernando had set up for us and it was very romantic to sit under the stars with a drink and end our night. You have complete privacy and something truly special to experience.
Our half day wine tour was full of more fun! Fernando is a fabulous tour guide full of character and easy to chat to! The wineries he chose were beautiful, unique and for us 3 was enough as it does get warm out there and we were keen to get back to the farm to explore. Would definitely recommend the wine as of course was delicious and places very picturesque.
We spent our afternoon hiking the trails, picture taking and another bottle for the baby goat! Day light savings is truly a treat to be able to fit in so much! We cooked up on the bbq Weber which was really easy and tasty. I only wish I had ordered food through Fernando. The produce the farm offers is top of the range and I look forward to returning for their food and hospitality! (Susanna, Fernando’s wife a really lovely lady I heard is a great cook and hope it will be on offer soon!)
We enjoyed lighting our fire with marshmallows to toast to end the evening! Was so serene to be out in the bush with nature for so many hours of the day.
Curling up in our tiny house each night to rest after the days activities was really relaxing, cosy and fun. Lying in bed watching the geese and alpacas roam is a nice change of pace from the city. Really, clean and tidy with everything you need. Would recommend some fly spray just because the lights attract the insects no matter how quick you close the door!
We will be back- hopefully for longer and definitely to order from the menu! Fernando and Suzannas hospitality was so generous and the perfect getaway for a couple, family, gathering of friends or even solo!
Thank you for having us!
And thank you for tiny customer service for their assistance in our booking!
– we ended up just staying in the one tiny cabin for the 2 nights as you are able to use the bath from any- must have been a miscommunication. I have paid 2 cleaning fees but we just stayed at the Sithuri Tiny House to save the hassle of moving and Fernando having to clean.
Please pass on our enjoyment to Fernando he truly deserves all the appreciation- he really made our trip!
Similar Tiny Houses
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Baths
- 2 Guests
- Tiny House
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Baths
- 3 Guests
- Tiny House
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Baths
- 4 Guests
- Cabin, Tiny House