Sithuri Tiny House – A Windeyer Outback Experience FeaturedWindeyer, NSW 2850
About this listing
The tiny house offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, hot showers, a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, complete with air-conditioning and heating. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor, which can be converted to a single bed. It can sleep 2 adults (in the loft) and 1 child (on the sofa bed) comfortably.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. The toilet uses ecologically sustainable aerobic decomposition process. It is waterless and there's no need to flush. An aeration fan helps to remove odours.
Interesting fact : The farm is on top of an old gold mine where gigantic gold nuggets were found! Fossicking hobbyists can bring your own equipment to try your luck on the farm.
As it is a huge land, we are happy to show you around our property so that you will not get lost. If you would like to do mountain biking or bushwalking, please inform your host so that he can guide you around or show you the route.
Outdoor bath is not directly outside the tiny house. It is available only on request.
Other things to note
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BOOK :
– There a 2 other tiny houses on this property which are also rented out and you may have to do a group farm tour with other guests
– No mobile phone reception and no wifi here. Please come prepared to truly disconnect!
– No pets please as we have farm animals roaming around
– Farm fresh breakfast and snacks are available for order. Please pre-order at least 24 hours in advance.
– Book a personalised private wine tour by your local host. For a half day wine tour, you can visit up to 3 wineries. For a full day wine tour, visit up to 6 wineries. Customisable depending on how much time you wish to spend at each winery. Wine tours would have to be pre-booked at least 1 week in advance for wine tasting only. Pre-book at least 3 weeks in advance if you wish to have lunch at the popular wineries.
– Farm tour and feeding of animals. Please let us know in advance if you would like to participate in any of the farm activities. We recommend staying at least 2 nights so that you will have a full day for the farm tour.
– Meal options are available at extra cost. Please pre-order at least 24 hours before you arrive so that your hosts will have sufficient time to prepare them.
– We sell our honey, you can buy from us! (subject to availability of stock)
– Bring your own bikes for mountain biking
– Outdoor bath is only available upon request. It is not placed directly outside the tiny house. Pls inform your host in advance if you wish to use it. Not available during bad weather.
– The tiny house is just inside of the entrance of the property and near the main house so that your hosts can attend to you if you need any help. It is not placed in the middle of the farm. Hence not secluded, but guest will have your own private entrance and an outdoor fire pit to use (if there is no fire ban).
The Gold and Fleece Hotel is just 10 mins away from our property. It has over 100 years of history and is a very popular country pub. They are open from Tue – Fri 3pm till late and Sat – Sun 12pm till 12 midnight. Closed on Mondays.
For the gold enthusiasts, Windeyer is a popular area for gold fossicking. There is a fossicking area on Long Creek next to the Meroo Creek Bridge. You can hire gold pans and other equipment from the Bushlands Tourist Park.
Other gold sites – Gulong town has an outdoor mining museum and the Hill End historic site. Hill End is the original site of the discovery of the famous Holterman Nugget in 1872. It was the single largest mass of gold ever discovered, weighing at 285kg.
Mudgee is a charming historic town that has been a wine-growing region since the 1850s. It is popular with wine enthusiasts with about 30 cellar doors in the region! Go for the Mudgee Fine Foods Farmers Markets held at St Mary's Church every third Saturday of the month.
Explore Wollemi National Park, home to the Wollemi pine, one of the world's oldest and rarest plants and is nicknamed the 'dinosaur tree'.
- Guests: 3
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 173 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Half day private wine tour: AUD$90 Per Guest
- Full day private wine tour: AUD$180 Per Guest
- Air conditioning
- Bed linens
- Dishes and silverware
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Garden or backyard
- Hot water
- Long term stays allowed
- Patio or balcony
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: No
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- Activities and potential wildlife
- We are a working farm with alpacas, goats, sheep, chickens and pigs. We also have a pet horse that roams freely on property. On weekends, you can book a farm tour (subject to availability) with our land host where he can show you how he produces honey and does bee-keeping.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Not Verified
- Host rating
- Sort By: