The Chook HouseMundoona VIC 3635, Australia
About this listing
Currently guests can purchase eggs, beef (Mince, sausages ,diced meat), pork (bacon when in stock) and garlic.
The front part of the property has some nice shade trees adding natural beauty & character to the farm. The back section has quiet, wide open paddocks where you can go for an evening walk and experience amazing sunsets!
This is a small paddock with numerous trees around the edges, giving you privacy, shade and beauty. There is some bird life around for guests to enjoy nature at its best.
Our tiny house is a lovely studio space of 155 sqft. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning and heating. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week.. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house and all tracks on the farm. No access to the host's private residence. No access to the farm sheds, unless accompanied by the host. When entering or leaving the property, check that you have shut the gates.
Other things to note
– A small farm shop on property is available for you to purchase farm fresh supplies of eggs, garlic, bacon / sausages, etc
– Farm tours costs AUD $10 per adult for 1 hour (2 different start times at 7.30am or 5pm)
– No smoking within the tiny house. Please use the disposal bins for cigarette butts.
– The fridge will be stocked with fresh eggs & milk from our farm plus bread for toasting & butter for your breakfast need. All complimentary for each booking. There is also cereal, jam, honey & hot drink options to make. Please make prior arrangements.
– Outdoor fire pit is only available from May to September
As our farm is quite large, our closest neighbors are dairy farms or cropping/hay farms. There is a mix of wide open spaces, trees and creek areas for recreation, like fishing.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 3:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 11:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$149
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$159
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$127
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$119
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Family/kid friendly
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Long term stays allowed
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- Activities and potential wildlife
- This is an organic farm property with 20 dairy cows, beef cows, chickens, sheep dogs, pigs, ducks, turkeys and guinea fowl.
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- The tiny house is partially secluded and about 75 m away from the host's private residence.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: