The JunctionYarra Junction VIC 3797, Australia
About this listing
It is also for those who want to take in the sights and sounds of the country life and just relax and enjoy for what nature has to offer – put your feet up and just relax if you choose. There are so many options for whatever you choose to do. This area caters to all your required needs – just no hustle and bustle of city life.
Welcome to country living!
Our tiny house is a lovely studio space of 155 sqft. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning and heating. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximize space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a water less eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimizes odors.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surroundings including private access driveway and parking allocated to the tiny house. Guests are not allowed to wander around the host's private residence.
Other things to note
– No smoking in the house
– When entering or leaving the property, check that you have shut the gates
– Horse stay is at $30 per horse per night. There is a fully fenced paddock with water troughs available. Horse owner is to check paddock and fencing and take full responsibility for any damage caused by their horse or any property and excludes the property owner from any claims or damage to themselves or horse whilst using the paddock
– Kindly advise if you are bringing a horse
– Bring your bike or hire one from Girt by Dirt in Yarra Junction. They will deliver to you for free.
– You may use the log outside as bike stand if you are bringing your bike
– We are situated in the countryside and you may encounter insects such as spiders throughout your stay as these are part of the natural ecosystem of the bush
We are located in a quiet rural neighbourhood. You will feel the country vibe and hear sounds of bird life and farm animals around. You will also see mountains, Eucalyptus, and even the odd kangaroo.
Where to eat:
– Ride or walk the rail trail to Yarra Junction or Warburton for a delicious breakfast and great coffee. For the best local roasted coffee and coffee tastings, I recommend Silva’s coffee which is 1.5km away
– Wesburn is 3km away where you will find the Flying Apron Patisserie for everything delicious
– You can go to Millgrove Dairy for handmade cheese selection and right next door is Yarra Valley Artisan Bakery for some great sour dough bread. Get in quick before it sells out
– Walk to Gladysdale Bakery which is 1.5km away for an award winning pie or brunch on the deck
What to do:
– Go to Warburton Township to eat, drink, and browse at interesting shops
– Visit The Warburton waterwheel visitors centre where you can see tourist information, art gallery, and local crafts
– Check murals painted on the old Warburton railway platform
– Go to the great steps of Warburton, a community art mosaic project at the Warburton Waterwheel
– Explore Warburton’s six bridges including the iconic swing bridge at the tennis courts
– Redwood Forest at Cement Creek is a must visit with 1500 heritage listed trees planted in a grid formation
– Go to Mt. Donna Buang for snow sights views of the valley and walks. The Rainforest walk gallery at Mt. Donna Buang has a spectacular 40 metre platform walk and observation deck
– You may also see the Ada Tree, a 300 year old 76 metre high tree with a one acre root system. This is one of the largest in Victoria
– There are plenty of wineries around if wine is your thing. Bulong Estate in Yarra Junction being the closest at 5 km away
– You may discover on your travels farm gate selling fresh local produce so be on the lookout for them.
This link Wander to Warburton by the Wandering Wagner’s will give you some inspiration to go exploring. https://youtu.be/wuxP08nDy8E
Where to shop:
– For your groceries and pharmacy needs, Yarra Junction has got you covered including doctors, dentist, physio and ambulance
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny home is position to be determined out to the main home 100 meters away but backs onto orchard or sledding.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: