The Saddle Camp Tiny House 2Braidwood NSW 2622, Australia
About this listing
Children’s horse riding activities, quiet trail rides, bush walks, Bush Tucker to snack on along the way, lots of wildlife, some endangered, on-site Cafe with Espresso Coffee & treats. We are just 10 minutes away from Braidwood town.
The tiny house offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette complete with air-conditioning and heating. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor, which can be opened up to a double bed size. It can sleep 2 adults (in the loft) and 2 children (on the sofa bed) comfortably.
Our internal bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. The toilet uses biologically sustainable aerobic decomposition process. It is waterless and there's no need to flush. An aeration fan helps to remove odours.
Guests will have access to the meadows, trails, horses (supervised), cafe and clubhouse facilities.
Other things to note
– Please note that we also run children's horse riding camps. During school holidays and public holidays, we always have a lot of excited children here. On other weekends or weekdays, our property is generally calm and peaceful.
– For riding adventures, please check out this link for details on the riding adventures and times/places available. It's on www.saddlecamp.com.au under Riding Adventures.
– For electric car drivers, there's a 15 amp powerpoint next to the tiny house for you to charge your car.
– There are 2 tiny houses on this property in the same paddock. Both tiny houses are available for guests to rent. The other tiny house about 24m away.
– Due to risk of bushfires, no outdoor campfires will be allowed on our property as we are in the bushfire danger region. Thanks for your understanding!
Bombay is just 10 minutes away from Braidwood town. The Jinero Tribe originally lived in our area, and the Europeans moved here in the 1830’s. In 1851 gold was discovered, and Braidwood turned out to be the richest alluvial gold field in Australia. The gold rush lasted 20 years, and brought great wealth to the town. Braidwood has some of Australia’s earliest examples of European Architecture, and the whole town has been blanket Heritage Listed. There are historical walks we can send you on, with plenty of their stories of the old residents, the buildings themselves, and even some of their ghost stories.
The town is vibrant filled with Graziers, Artists and Lovers of Good Food. There’s also a very strong Slow Food Movement in the town, and a commitment to protecting and repairing our environment.
The Monga National Park is 20 minutes away, for some beautiful walks, especially the board-walk through Penance Grove, and lunch at the Old Cheese Factory for meals with a Welsh twist, featuring delicious & fresh local produce.
You’ll cross the Shoalhaven River to reach Saddle Camp, and there are beautiful swimming holes with diving rocks for big kids, and sandy shallow areas for little children. If you’re very quiet you might see a Platypus.
Canberra, our Capital City, is a 1-hour easy drive away. And the coast is 40 minutes away, through the Monga National Park. And in winter – the snowfields are 2 hours away.
Find out things to see and do in the region : https://visitqueanbeyanpalerang.com.au
- Guests: 3
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place, With Loft / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- Bed linens
- Cooking basics
- Dishes and silverware
- EV charger
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Garden or backyard
- Hair dryer
- Host greets you
- Hot water
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Long term stays allowed
- Luggage dropoff allowed
- Patio or balcony
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Wireless Internet
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: No
- Firewood provided free: No
- Activities and potential wildlife
- Guests are welcome to use the BBQ grill at the clubhouse but do note that this is a shared space. If guests wish to use the BBQ, just inform our land host in advance upon booking. We have quiet trail rides, bush walks, Bush Tucker to snack on along the way, lots of wildlife, some endangered wildlife, on-site cafe with espresso coffee & treats. We are just 10 minutes away from Braidwood town. Book your horse riding @ The Saddle Camp now! Check it out on http://www.saddlecamp.com.au/day-camps Prior appointment is recommended. Please ask your host on the rates and availability before booking.
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny Away and our host respects the privacy of the guests and will do our best to give you absolute privacy during your stay with us. We do have 2 tiny houses in this property and it is about 50m apart. It is within walking distance to each other but guests in both tiny houses will have their absolute privacy during the stay.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: