Tiny Hideaway at CloverhillsNewham VIC 3442, Australia
About this listing
The Cobaw Ranges is only a short drive for those who want to do some serious walking or riding. You may also choose to spend the rest of your day at Newham town, being well located between Woodend, Kyneton, and Lancefield making it an ideal position for you to enjoy the small, wonderful country towns. They offer great shopping and dining experiences as well as many lovely wineries and gin distillery around the corner. Newham is close to Hanging Rock and is home to the Hanging Rock Winery,
Experience living off the grid and truly disconnect here. Our tiny house is eco-friendly and solar powered. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, fans, and a diesel heater to keep you warm. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor. It sleeps 3 persons comfortably.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A 4 hob cook top, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware and a bar fridge.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours. If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
This tiny house is fully powered by solar. Please note that during winters or on days with low light conditions, limited power is generated. Unfortunately the solar power is insufficient to power up the air con for heating / cooling. It will be best to conserve power as much as possible to avoid running out of power at night. You can bring portable power banks to charge your handphone etc.
Guest will have access tot he tiny house and the dam 130 meters away where you can have a tranquil spot to relax.
Tiny house is approximately 500 meters away from the main house and 300 meters away from the shed. The main house is quite concealed and cannot be seen from the tiny house. Sheltons Road is approximately 30 meters away but it is only local traffic.
Other things to note
– No AC but there are fans installed in the tiny house
– There is a diesel heater to keep you warm
– During winter, please bring warm clothing and appropriate footwear. If more warm bedding is required, please ask your host
– We have limited power for this tiny house
– No smoking within the tiny house
– Only small dogs are allowed but must inform host if you are bringing your pet. Pet must be kept on a lead at all times as there are farm animals on the property
– You may bring your horses. Kindly reach out to your host directly for options available and cost
– You may leave your horses at the paddock and yards
– Farm is surrounded by farm animals such as horses and cattle. You may also see our neighbor's sheep and some kangaroos at times
– Outdoor firepit is available for guest to use. Firewood is at $20/stay
– Good mobile reception for Telstra
We are located at Newham, a small town in the Shire of Macedon Ranges.
Our local recommendation:
1. Kuzu Izakaya – for excellent Japanese cuisine
1. Trentham Waterfalls – get soaked by the spray from Victoria's highest single-drop waterfall, enjoy a picnic by the river or a scenic walking track in the surrounding forest
2. Mount Macedon Memorial Cross – most significant war memorial in Victoria, located on the summit of Mt Macedon
3. Hanging Rock – your day at Hanging Rock Reserve includes more than just the famous Pinnacle Walk to the summit of Hanging Rock. You may do picnics and bbq or do summit climb
1. Shop at Woodend, Kyneton, or Lancefield
2. Farmers Market
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Smoke detector
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: No
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: No
- Firewood at extra cost
- Firewood is at $20 per stay.
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny house is approximately 500 meters away from the main house and 300 meters away from the shed. The main house is quite concealed and cannot be seen from the tiny house. Sheltons Road is approximately 30 meters away but it is only local traffic.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: