Tiny House 888Pokolbin, NSW 2320
About this listing
Our tiny house is a lovely studio space of 155 sqft. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning and heating. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week.. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house and the surroundings except for our private residence. Kindly shut all gates behind you.
Other things to note
– Outdoor fire pit is available for guests to use (not available if there is a fire ban, especially during bush fire season)
– Bring your own firewood or buy a bag (15kg) for $22
This is a unique Location nestled in the foot slopes of the Brokenback Range, The Vintry is bounded by vineyards on three sides.
Our neighbours are historic properties of Oakdale, Lindemans Cawarra, the Pokolbin State Forest and Brokenback Range on its western boundary. The house is set in a shiraz vineyard and we encourage guests to explore the vines to learn more about the vineyard cycle and wine growing. Our location provides unrivalled views of the rugged ridgeline of the range and an opportunity to interact with fauna and flora of the State Forest via “green corridors” on the property. The property is private and secluded yet is just minutes away from wineries, restaurants and the vineyard concert venues including Roche Estate, Hope Estate and Bimbadgen.
Our business operates inside the greater Pokolbin and Lower Hunter Valley wine growing community that has a history of winegrowing since the mid 1800’s with some original families such as the Draytons, Tyrrells and McWilliams remaining in the community. As part of our commitment to the community we maintain the rural character and amenity of the area and ensure the operation is ecologically sustainable and has no net impact on the environment. We ensure special consideration is given to employing local staff and wherever efficient and sustainable, products and services are sourced locally. With a focus on wine and food with our local and gourmet produce, we complement the vision of the regional Lower Hunter wine, local food production and restaurant community
Here are recommended vineyards that are all walkable from Tiny House 888. Please note that you have to pre-book your slots for wine tasting.
Audrey Wilkinson Vineyards is the closest winery to our place. You can park your car outside the tiny house before check-in and walk to the wine tasting, which is about 500 meters away. https://audreywilkinson.com.au/
Tulloch is 1500 meters away from the Tiny House. https://www.tullochwines.com/
Ben Ean is on McDonalds Road. A longer walk, with Baumé Restaurant at the winery. https://benean.com.au/
Usher Tinkler is next to Ben Ean and has cheese and Salumi. https://ushertinklerwines.com/
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$199
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$220
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$179
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$169
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- Hot water
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Private entrance
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Wireless Internet
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- Firewood at extra cost
- Guests can bring their own firewood or buy a bag (15kg) for $22
- Activities and potential wildlife
- Wallabies and kangaroos are often around the property in the morning and evening. Guests can also spot black cockatoos and many other birds. Water birds and frogs are common around the dam. Here are recommended vineyards that are all walkable from Tiny House 888. Please note that you have to pre-book your slots for wine tasting : Audrey Wilkinson Vineyards is the closest winery to our place. You can park your car at the tiny house before check-in and walk to the wine tasting, which is about 500 meters away. https://audreywilkinson.com.au/ Tulloch is 1500 meters away from the Tiny House. https://www.tullochwines.com/ Ben Ean is on McDonalds Road. A longer walk, with Baumé Restaurant at the winery. https://benean.com.au/ Usher Tinkler is next to Ben Ean and has cheese and Salumi. https://ushertinklerwines.com/
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: