Tiny House 888Pokolbin NSW 2320, Australia
About this listing
Important note : There are 2 tiny houses on this property. Both tiny houses are available for guests to rent. Tiny houses are about 50 meters away from each other.
Our tiny house is a lovely studio space of 155 sqft. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning and heating. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surrounding areas, except the land host's private residence.
Other things to note
– Outdoor fire pit is available for guests to use (not available if there is a fire ban, especially during bush fire season)
– Bring your own firewood or buy a bag (15kg) for $22
– We are situated in the countryside and you may encounter insects such as spiders throughout your stay as these are part of the natural ecosystem of the bush
– There are 2 tiny houses on this property. Both tiny houses are available for guests to rent. Tiny houses are about 50 meters away from each other.
The tiny house is nestled in the Brokenback Range's foothills, where you can find a majority of Hunter Valley's most prestigious vineyards and learn everything there is to know about it. Explore new places here at Pokolbin where you can slumber, play, and admire scenic views.
Our local recommendation:
– Brokenwood Wines produces one of the most reputable premium wine labels in Australia.
– Hunter Wine Country Markets opens a variety of boutique handmade markets showcasing local artisans.
– Audrey Wilkinson is one of the oldest vineyards and a must-visit that sits atop Brokenback Mountain Ranges.
– Hunter Valley Gardens is a popular attraction that's perfect for long walks while admiring its seasonal landscapes.
– Muse Restaurant offers a complete dining experience and contemporary Australian cuisine with excellent service to top it off.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$199
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$240
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$179
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$169
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: No
- Firewood at extra cost
- Guests can bring their own firewood or buy a bag (15kg) for $22
- Activities and potential wildlife
- Wallabies and kangaroos are often around the property in the morning and evening. Guests can also spot black cockatoos and many other birds. Water birds and frogs are common around the dam. Here are recommended vineyards that are all walkable from Tiny House 888. Please note that you have to pre-book your slots for wine tasting : Audrey Wilkinson Vineyards is the closest winery to our place. You can park your car at the tiny house before check-in and walk to the wine tasting, which is about 500 meters away. https://audreywilkinson.com.au/ Tulloch is 1500 meters away from the Tiny House. https://www.tullochwines.com/ Ben Ean is on McDonalds Road. A longer walk, with Baumé Restaurant at the winery. https://benean.com.au/ Usher Tinkler is next to Ben Ean and has cheese and Salumi. https://ushertinklerwines.com/
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny houses are about 50 meters away from each other.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Full refund if cancellations are made at least 14 days before the check-in date.
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: