Tiny Nanook – Kanimbla ValleyKanimbla NSW 2790, Australia
About this listing
Set in the picturesque and tranquil Kanimbla Valley, we offer stunning views of the Blue Mountains escarpments and surrounding countryside. This is the perfect place to unwind, relax and be surrounded by nature and hear delightful chorus of bird songs. Truly, a bird watcher’s haven!
Our property is like a wildlife sanctuary – imagine yourself sitting out on your tiny deck, enjoying the evening light with a glass of wine and seeing kangaroos hopping by around the property. Occasionally, other animals such as wombats, echidnas and possums may roam by at dawn, dusk or even during the night. On a clear night, the sky opens up and you can see the Milky Way and the Southern Cross. During the day, if you feel like having a good walk, you can head down to have a dip in Cox’s River, which borders our property.
Tiny Nanook is nestled amongst the gumtrees in a private location, with stunning sceneries, overlooking Marsden Rock and our neighbour's vineyard.
The tiny house offers guests a comfortable stay and compact space with plenty of windows that invite the outside in. It has a well-equipped kitchenette complete with air-conditioning and heating. There is a double sized bed up in the loft and a couch on ground floor. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes, glasses, microwave and even a 92L fridge.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco- friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot water). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week.. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours. Soap will be provided.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
Check out tiny house video : https://vimeo.com/495921169
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surroundings, except for the host's private residence (by invitation only). Tiny Nanook is not in a fenced area, however when entering or leaving the private residence, please shut the gates at all times. Guests may park in the designated car parking area (indicated with a sign) close to the tiny house.
Other things to note
– BBQ grill is available on request
– Outdoor fire pit is available to use except when there is a total fire ban in place or high winds
– Firewood will be supplied once per stay, if more is required, it can be purchased from your host at $10 a bag (cash only)
– No pets allowed to protect our wildlife in the area
– Wifi is not available
– We are surrounded by other properties so there’s a potential you may hear neighbours mowing or working. Motorbikes can also be heard now and then.
– We have a pet dog on the property – it will be kept in a fenced area around the main house.
– Mobile reception is okay for both Telstra and Optus
Recommended places & things to do in the area :
– Visit The Tiny Chapel across the road
– The Old Historic Hartley Courthouse & village
– Jenolan Caves
– Mayfield Gardens near Oberon
– Lots of bushwalks nearby at Mt Victoria, Blackheath and Hampton State forest.
– Swim in the Cox's River
– Explore the Wolgan and Capertee Valley regions
– Drive out to Mudgee or the Megalong Valley for some wine tasting and local treats.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$199
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$220
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$169
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$159
- Additional guests: AUD$25
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: AUD$60
- Minimum number of days: 2
- Maximum number of days: 35
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: No
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- Firewood at extra cost
- Firewood will be supplied once per stay, if more is required, guest can bring their own or it can be purchased from us at $10 a bag.
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- The property is 20 acres on a no through road, The tiny house is located out of sight from the main house and is 13km from the Great Western Highway.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 2 nights
- The maximum stay is 35 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: