Treetops TinyWalmer VIC 3463, Australia
About this listing
The friendly wildlife and remote setting will guarantee a relaxing getaway. Our space is unique because we are also surrounded by gold mines, train rides, local towns boosting lots of fairs, festivals and local produce.
Experience living off the grid and truly disconnect here. Our tiny house is eco-friendly and solar powered. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor. It sleeps 3 persons comfortably.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A 2 hob cook top, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware and a portable car fridge (limited space for storage. Not suitable for storing a lot of food). No freezer.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours. If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
This tiny house is fully powered by solar. Please note that during winter or overcast days, we only have limited energy stored to power up the air-conditioning unit for heating or cooling. Thus, we encourage to conserve power as much as possible to have sufficient load at night.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please advise that there will be other guests on the property— where a second tiny house sits on the same property. If you want to book in groups, you can contact the land host ahead of time to make arrangements.
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surrounding areas, except for the host's private residence.
Other things to note
– No AC
– Diesel heater is installed in the tiny house to keep you warm
– Limited power for this tiny house
– Due to the limited power, we can only use a portable car fridge. Storage space is limited but will be sufficient for your light meals and keep your drinks chilled for the 1 or 2 nights. – No freezer
– 2 hob cooktop for cooking
– No smoking within the tiny house. You may smoke outside of the tiny house but please ensure that the cigarette butts are extinguished and throw them into the bins or ash tray provided
– Please inform host prior to arrival if you are bringing a pet
– There is another tiny house on this property which is also rented out, so from time to time you may see other guest walking the property. This accommodation is approximately 250 meters away from the other tiny house. Rest assured you will have your privacy and unless you bump into them whilst you’re walking the property, you will fill completely secluded from the outside world and other guest
Treetops has everything you need from the local wineries, antique shops, cafes, nature reserves, and botanical gardens for you to explore. We are located close to Maldon, Castlemaine, Daylesford, and Bendigo.
Our local recommendation:
– Castlemaine & District Festival of Gardens is home to diverse and beautiful gardens.
– Brewhouse Coffee Roasters is a place where you can watch roasters at work while preparing your coffee.
– El Gordo is a Spanish and French-inspired cuisine that serves a delicious tapas menu for you to choose from.
– Kazuki's is a Japanese restaurant that serves impressive full-course meals and excellent service in the region.
– Tipperary Walking Track is a great spot for taking long walks, bird watching, and just exploring the place.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place, With Loft / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$199
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: No
- Firewood at extra cost
- Guests can buy from us for $20
- Activities and potential wildlife
- Horses & wild animals on the property
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny house location is secluded. Host's main residence is approximately 1km from the tiny house.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Full refund if cancellations are made at least 14 days before the check-in date.
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: