Wallaby CabinCrackenback NSW 2627, Australia
About this listing
Where snowflakes fall gently while you gaze at breathtaking sunsets reflected in snowcapped mountains, and a warm gentle breeze blows through the trees in the summer, making you feel right at home. We look forward to sharing this special place we call "our paradise."
Important note : This property also has another tiny house that is rented out, so expect some company from other guests as some spaces are shared.
This property is located on the quiet outskirts of Crackenback, a remote region overlooking Porcupine Rocks, which is well-known for its magnificent snowcapped landscapes in winter. Aesthetically designed with picturesque modern rustic elegance, where vacationers can enjoy the unique charms of the suburb's unhurried slow country lifestyle.
Experience living off the grid and truly disconnect here. Our tiny house is eco-friendly and solar powered. It offers guests a comfortable stay with its heater, well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a queen sized bed, and ensuite bathroom. Perfect for 2 persons!
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A gas stove, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware and a cooler box.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bush fires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
If you're using your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste, we ask that you bring biodegradable ones so that the grey water runoff does not harm the environment. Thank you!
This tiny house is fully powered by solar. Please note that during winters or on days with low light conditions, limited power is generated. It will be best to conserve power as much as possible to avoid running out of power at night. You can bring portable power banks to charge your handphone etc.
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surrounding areas, except for areas roped or chained off. There are trails and tracks leading to the dam, the front gate, and even the rock caves at the top of our property if you're keen for an advanced bushwalk.
Other things to note
– No wifi
– Good mobile reception
– Quiet hours 10pm-7am
– Pets are not allowed in the property.
– Smoking is not allowed inside/outside the property.
– Breakfast hamper can be provided for an additional charge. See menu here : https://tinyaway.com/wallaby-cabin-and-wombat-cottage-breakfast-menu/
– Make sure to turn off the lights, air conditioning, and any electronics when you leave the house. Don’t forget to close the windows and lock the door.
Here at Crackenback, there are so many places nearby to explore via Alpine Way including:
– Alpine Larder Cafe (1.7 km) is highly recommended by vacationers to visit, if you're looking for a cafe where you can casually talk and have your freshly brewed cup of coffee.
– Kosciuszko National Park (1.9 km) which has many natural attractions, walks and rides to explore.
– Thredbo (17.7 km) is a year round destination attracting mountain bikers, hikers and skier/boarders depending on the season.
– Perisher and Charlotte Pass ski resorts are accessible via Skitube (2 km) where you get to enjoy skiing, tobogganing, snow tubing.
– Lake Crackenback (1.7 km) where you get to enjoy outdoor activities such as river-side strolls, scenic trails for hiking, trout fishing, etc.
– Wild Brumby distillery (7.0 km) is a great place to hang out with friends, with live music and seasonal activities to look forward to. Tastings are available of a locally grown produce distilled into boutique liquors.
– Crackenback Restaurant Farm (5.9 km) all have wonderful dinning options for guests to enjoy a heart and filling meal.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 3:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$199
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$220
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$169
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$159
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$50
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- Tiny houses will be approximately 200 metres from each other but no visibility from one to the other. They are 700-900 metres away from the main house which has a separate entrance and separate driveway.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Full refund if cancellations are made at least 14 days before the check-in date.
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: