Yarriambiance – “The International” Tiny House (Truck)Jung VIC 3401, Australia
About this listing
"The International" started it's life on a vegetable farm near Kyneton, (central Victoria) in 1971, and belonged to the Russo family. Affectionately named 'Janet' (after the spouse), she toiled tirelessly as a farm workhorse for many years. She was put out to pasture after some 40 years of labour, and rested in a paddock for several years. A certified 'Jack of All Trades' by the name of Matt, came across 'Janet', and proceeded to convert her from a working truck, to a leisure truck. After four years of toil, "The International' Tiny House Truck was born. She made her final journey in December 2020 from central Victoria, to her current resting place in Jung, in the heart of the Wimmera. Her last journey was an eight hour adventure, navigating the streets of Bendigo and the roads of central & western Victoria. In this final trip, she managed a top speed of 35 mph, and clocked over 76,000 genuine miles on the speedo.
Do you want a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, the frustration of traffic congestion, from noise and pollution? Does open space, fresh air, and the peace and quiet of nature sound appealing? Welcome and experience the ‘Yarriambiance’ of our unique rural escape.
Definition of Yarriambiance
"A feeling or mood associated with fresh air, open spaces, big skies, stunning sunsets, starry nights, open fires and the sounds of nature, on the banks of the Yarriambiack Creek"
Nestled on the highest peak of the property, overlooking the Yarriambiack Creek tree line, is The International Tiny House (Truck), which will be your home away from home, as you relax and unwind in this rural setting.
This tiny house has room for the whole family. A queen bed, complete with side tables and bookshelves sits atop the truck cab. A double bed mattress is located on the third level, and is a great spot for the kids, right up in the ceiling of the tiny house. The couch on the ground floor also converts to a sofa bed and the whole set up will comfortable accommodate a family of five. Please note that the queen bed is fully made up, but if using the additional double bed or sofa bed, you would need to supply your own sleeping bags and pillows.
Whilst technically not off-grid, 'The International' is powered by a mains power supply. This electricity is sourced from the farm power supply, of which there is a vast array of solar panels on shedding roofs around the property, which is either feeding back into the grid, or into the tiny house.
A full gas oven and hotplate, standard size fridge/freezer, flushing toilet, shower and wood burning pot belly stove are just some of the features that will make you feel at home. The flushing toilet with a porcelain bowl is provided for extra guest comfort. The holding tank contains a biological additive which is environmentally friendly and septic safe. This additive eliminates unpleasant smells, reduces gas build up and stimulates the breakdown of waste matter & toilet paper.
Outside, you will have your own deck area with an outdoor setting. The deck is an old farm trailer, which has been parked next to 'The International' to extend your living area to the outside.
In the summer months, sit on the deck under the shade of trees, and take in the sun setting over the Yarriambiack Creek, or admire the full moon filtering through the branches above you. In the winter months, snuggle around the pot belly stove and watch the flames flicker and dance as you contemplate the simple things in life, or play a board game, read a book, or flick through one of the magazines located in the bookshelves.
Guest will have access to the tiny house and the surrounding except our private property.
Respect of Property & Other Guests
– We expect you to leave the property as you found it.
– There may also be other guests staying at the property during your stay. The guest sites are far enough away from each other, so that you can keep your privacy. Alternatively, there may be opportunities to socialise with other guests, but that is entirely up to you.
– Guests are attracted to this location for the natural environment, and the sounds of the birds and wildlife that live along the Yarriambiack Creek. Please do not disturb the tranquillity of the property with loud music and boisterous behaviour. Please respect the environment, and other guests that may be staying at the property.
Other things to note
– Please note, the property is 'pet friendly' but we respectfully ask that pets are not taken inside of the accommodation. Feel free to bring your furry friends along for the experience. They may even get to meet our adopted greyhound ‘Ellie’, or our guard cat ‘Floyd’
– Please inform host prior to arrival if you are bringing a pet
– 2 adult kayaks and 2 kids kayaks for hire. There is a small lake at Murtoa (10 mins) which is suitable for kayaking, as well as other waterways not far away. Enquire with us in advance for more info
If you need more space to bring other family and friends, we also have these additional options on the property.
– Check out the listing for 'Yarriambiance' Mayfair v2.0 Tiny House
– Check out the listing for 'Yarriambiance' Greenhills Rustic Cabin
– Tiny bed with tent extension. We can set up a rooftop camper at the front of the tiny house with an additional tent extension. Suitable for up to 3 people.
– Campsite. Suitable for up to 4 caravans/RV's/campers, or 20 people. Complete with decking, green grass, campfire pit and mains water.
Sleeping arrangements (up to 5 in total)
‘Sofabed’ can be added (couch converts to a sofabed in living area, if required)
**PLEASE REFER TO INFORMATION BELOW, REGARDING COVID 19, BEFORE BOOKING**
Covid 19 Safe Plans – Temporary changes to help stop the spread.
Due to current lockdown restrictions, we are unable to take any bookings from people residing in lockdown areas.
For any new bookings, we will make contact with the guest to confirm where they are travelling from.
For guests that are accepted, the following will apply;
1. Contactless check in and out procedure
To be in line with safe distancing rules and minimise physical contact, the check-in and check-out may be contactless. Safe distances will be maintained throughout. If you need help, your hosts will be able to assist via phone call.
2. Cleaning and disinfecting, including frequently touched surfaces
The tiny house will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected according to Safe Work Australia's cleaning guide. Frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected after every guest checks out.
3. Antibacterial hand soap will be provided.
To help you protect yourselves, we will provide antibacterial hand soap. Please use these to wash your hands whenever you are back from visits to town.
Please note that the creek is currently dry (it depends on seasonal rainfall), but there are many waterholes not far away that are worth exploring. When dry, the creek makes a great walking trail.
The predominant sounds will be those of the local birdlife, from early morning to early evening. And when the creek has water in it, the chorus sounds of frogs will fill the air every evening/night. In the distance, you may hear a train rattling down the main Melbourne to Adelaide line. Or you may hear the sound of tyres rolling along a gravel road, from a neighbour passing by. At certain times of the year, you may hear the sound of large machine toiling away in a nearby paddock, as the neighbouring farmer sows or harvests his crop.
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Nightly: AUD$129
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): AUD$149
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$116
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$110
- Additional guests: AUD$8
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$25
- Minimum number of days: 2
- Maximum number of days: 365
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Indoor fireplace
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: No
- Firewood provided free: Yes
- Activities and potential wildlife
- Good mobile reception for Telstra or Optus users. But there is no mobile reception for Vodafone users. Guests are welcome to use the BBQ. Surrounded by magnificent red gumtrees. When flowing, the Yarriambiack Creek is a haven for birdlife, frogs and fish (mostly european carp). If there's water in our waterhole, kayaks will be available (both adult and children sizes) for hire at the property. If the creek is dry, the creek bed is a great walking trail to spot some wildlife e.g kangaroos, wallabies, and a myriad of birdlife. Please be careful when going on wild bush walks as there are snakes and mosquitos. Take usual precautions.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 2 nights
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: