Yellow Rock ViewsBroke NSW 2330, Australia
About this listing
Broke is a wine lovers' paradise – a beautiful village in the tranquil Broke-Fordwich pocket of Australia’s oldest wine making region. It is known for some of the best boutique wineries as well as acclaimed fine dining, World Heritage wilderness and ancient rock art.
Our tiny home is situated on 5 acres, with beautiful peaceful views all around. It is within 20 mins walking distance to the Margan Restaurant & Winery and 1813 – an elegant boutique cellar door set in the vines of Tinonee Vineyard Estate. Other wineries are within biking distance of 40 mins to 1 hour. Please refer to more information under the "location" section below.
The tiny house offers guests a comfortable stay with its well-equipped kitchenette complete with air-conditioning and heating. There is a queen sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor, which can be converted into a double sized bed. It can sleep 2 adults (in the loft) and 2 children (on the sofa bed) comfortably.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
There is a compact bathroom for your showers (gas heated hot water is available). For greater comfort of our guests, the toilet has been upgraded to a flush toilet system that is connected to the septic tank and a small wash basin is also available.
Guests will have access to the tiny house and the surrounding area in the paddock. This is a private and secluded space as our main residence is a good distance away.
Other things to note
– Maximise your tiny house experience with our grazing platters to go with your bottle of wine. Pre-order at least 2 days in advance : https://tinyaway.com/yrv-grazing-platters/
– Outdoor fire pit is available (due to bush fire concerns, this will not be available during fire ban, especially during summer)
– Firewood is available at $30 per bag (due to bush fire concerns, this will not be available during fire ban, especially during summer)
– We are situated in the countryside and you may encounter insects such as spiders throughout your stay as these are part of the natural ecosystem of the bush
Our property is conveniently located near many amazing wineries, cafes and restaurants.
Food scene :
Pre-bookings are required for most wineries as spaces are limited, especially if you wish to dine in at their restaurant.
Wineries that are within 20mins walking distance are
– Margan Restaurant & Winery, 15 mins walking dist (1.8km) – http://www.margan.com.au/
– 1813 (1.5km) https://1813.com.au/cellar-door/
Wineries that are within 5 mins driving distance or 50mins walking / biking distance are
– Mount Broke Wines & Restaurant (4km). Fridays are pizza nights! https://www.mountbrokewines.com.au
– Echo Hill Wines (4.3km) http://www.echohillwines.com.au
Wineries within 15mins driving distance
– Whispering Broke https://www.whispering-brook.com
– Talits Estate https://www.talitsestate.com.au
– Catherine Vale Wines https://catherinevalewines.com.au
– The Gates Restaurant @ Leogate Estate Wines – https://www.leogate.com.au/restaurant
– Yellow Billy Restaurant for their incredibly yummy food 21 km https://www.yellowbillyrestaurant.com
– Restaurant Botanica – https://restaurantbotanica.com.au/
– Hunter Valley Zoo https://www.huntervalleyzoo.com.au
– Hot air balloon 30 mins https://www.balloonaloft.com/locations/hunter-valley
– Hot air balloon 30 mins away at Lovedale http://www.beyondballooning.com.au
– Hunter Valley Gardens https://www.huntervalleygardens.com.au
– Starline Alpaca Farm 5 mins drive away, you can feed the cute alpacas https://starlinealpacas.com.au/#day-visits
– Horse riding in Pokolbin https://www.huntervalleyhorses.com.au
Shopping & Groceries :
– Broke Village Store 2 mins (500m) for fuel, takeaways, bottle shop
– Coles and Aldi in Cessnock or Singleton about 30mins drive away
– River Flats Estate for their local pickled produce https://www.riverflatsestate.com.au/collections/frontpage
– Handmade in the Hunter for their intricate handmade products https://handmadehuntermarkets.com.au
Parks & Nature :
– Yengo National Park
– Yellow Rock lookout https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/lookouts/yellow-rock-lookout
Festivals, Arts & Cultural :
– Broke Village Market on the first Sun of every month, 8am – 1pm www.brokefordwich.com.au
For more activities and information about Broke, visit this website : https://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/hunter/hunter-valley/broke
- Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Tiny House
- Size: 155 SqFt
- Nightly: AUD$179
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): AUD$220
- Weekly (7d+): AUD$152
- Monthly (30d+): AUD$143
- Additional guests: AUD$20
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: AUD$70
- Minimum number of days: 1
- Maximum number of days: 365
- Air conditioning
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Patio or balcony
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Towels provided
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Outdoor fire pit: Yes
- Firewood provided free: No
- Firewood at extra cost
- Outdoor fire pit will not be available if there is a fire ban. Firewood is available at $30 / bag and advance notice is required.
- Activities and potential wildlife
- We have 2 dogs and 2 horses on our property. If you are lucky, guests may be able to spot some kangaroos and native wildlife.
- How isolated is the tiny house?
- The tiny house is in a private paddock. The main residence is about 1.5km away.
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, up to 5 days before check-in.
- The minimum stay is 1 night
- The maximum stay is 365 nights
Hosted by Tiny Away
- English, Chinese
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By:
Kate and Jed were lovely hosts. Tiny house was clean and equipped with everything we could have possibly needed. They even left us some fresh eggs from their chickens. The property is great! Loved feeding and petting their horses, Jasper and Asia. Kate gave us some excellent taxi options for when we wanted to pop around the vineyards without driving. We ended up with Mel from Grape Experience Tours, who we highly recommend! The whole stay was perfect and we will for sure recommend to friends. Thanks for everything!